uniqs
share rss forum feed

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

Current U-Verse DVR and receiver model numbers

What DVR and Non-DVR Receivers is AT&T currently installing for new U-Verse customers?

Deckoh
i have..so there for i have
Premium
join:2002-07-24
San Diego, CA

i believe its location dependent.

Dan_K

@sbcglobal.net
reply to JimThePCGuy

VIP1216 for DVR ( 160GB hard drive )
VIP1200 for non-DVR

JimThePCGuy
Premium,MVM
Morton Grove, IL

Thank you

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9

Morton Grove (Chicagoland) would have the Cicso 430 for the DVR, and the Cisco 330 for the non-DVR STBes

JimThePCGuy
Premium,MVM
Morton Grove, IL

said by ILpt4U:

Morton Grove (Chicagoland) would have the Cicso 430 for the DVR, and the Cisco 330 for the non-DVR STBes
I was up in Gurnee (also Chicagoland) at the ATT Mobility Store to look at U-Verse and they had Motorola DVR and Receiver running their setup.
Doing a search on the Cisco 430 and 440 doesn't turn up anything. Anyone have a link? Thanks.

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Gurnee was setup back in Feb. when the cisco boxes weren't out yet. I believe most of chicagoland all use the cisco boxes.

What do you want to know exactly? They are pretty much the exact same. As far as the guide and remote no difference. The cisco's are a bit smaller then the moto's.

JimThePCGuy
Premium,MVM
Morton Grove, IL

said by gdm:

Gurnee was setup back in Feb. when the cisco boxes weren't out yet. I believe most of chicagoland all use the cisco boxes.

What do you want to know exactly? They are pretty much the exact same. As far as the guide and remote no difference. The cisco's are a bit smaller then the moto's.
Form factor, input/output types and quantity. Standard geek/techy stuff.

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

Input/outputs would be the same as the moto boxes. Form factor is very similar to the Moto boxes.

Let me find the link of my DVR box I took.

Here you go »High pitched noise - DVR

Mr Anon

@sbcglobal.net
reply to JimThePCGuy

Holy cow, I expected them to offer similar features but I never expected them to be mistakable for each other!

I had never seen a cisco box and for some reason I expected them to be the usual weird cisco green color. I guess thats what I get for looking at network equipment so much and never home equipment.

JimThePCGuy
Premium,MVM
Morton Grove, IL
reply to JimThePCGuy

My Harmony Remote has them as:

DVR: IPN430MC (Cisco)
STB: IPN330HD (Scientific Atlantic)

Sound reasonable?

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

»www.scientificatlanta.com/produc···tops.htm - Link to Cisco's/Scientific Atlanta's website for the IPTV STBes

Get the information, right from the source