how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

toy4x4

join:2001-06-26
Jenks, OK

[OK] Speed Increase in Tulsa?

I was on the phone with someone from Cox the other day turning off some of my cable packages with the shift in SciFi going to the Expanded package.

I asked the guy when they were going to increase the up speeds on their packages. As I explained, I'm tired of the wife slamming the upload speed while uploading her pictures to shutterfly. The guy stated that in about 3 weeks they are planning to increase the speeds. I believe he said we were going to 20Mbps/2Mbps on the Premier package and the Preferred would go to about 12Mbps/1Mpbs.

Anyone able to confirm this?

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK
kudos:5

1 recommendation

The speed increases are happening 21 October according to this thread and an email I received from Cox the other day. This is for the OKC market...

»[OK] Oklahoma speed increases?
--
"When all else fails, read the instructions..."
MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to toy4x4

said by toy4x4:

I was on the phone with someone from Cox the other day turning off some of my cable packages with the shift in SciFi going to the Expanded package.
You had scifi in broadcast BASIC? thats always been in expanded BASIC here.
--
When I gez aju zavateh na nalechoo more new yonooz tonigh molinigh - Ken Lee

schweb
Premium
join:2003-06-27
Lakewood, OH
reply to toy4x4

I've already got the speeds here in Cleveland.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

we lost some channels here to digital only. oxygen went from expanded to digital. in it's place, tv guide channel. what a waste of space!

toy4x4

Jenks, OK
reply to dvd536

I believe it went from the Variety package to Expanded which lets me save another $4 a month.

EricP

@deloitte.com
reply to toy4x4

6 days... cross your fingers! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea sepleaseplease

brad Gibson

@cox.net
reply to toy4x4

I can confirm this news re: speed increases with Cox Cable in Tulsa, OK.

I was told by a technician Monday, October 13 the following...The Premier package is jumping from 12-15Mbps to 20Mbps down and 2Mbps up. The Preferred package goes from 7-9Mbps to 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

He confirmed the switch will happen November 21.

I called back the next day and talked to another tech who re-confirmed all this same information, so I feel confident it's correct.

ependergrass

join:2007-07-21
Broken Arrow, OK

1 edit

So we've gone from Oct 21 to Nov 21 just like that?

toy4x4

Jenks, OK

Interesting that it's always been the 21st. Now which month... Now after that we can guess which year.

SterlingJ85

join:2000-11-19
Atco, NJ
reply to toy4x4

It is October 21st... If you have bothered to check you COX e-mail account in the past two weeks, a newsletter from COX Oklahoma said specifically the date on the speed increases.
--
-Sterling

toy4x4

Jenks, OK

Thanks BuggyBoyOKC!

Glad to see some confirmation from them.

And no I don't check my Cox email as it's spamfest 2008/09 over there.

anonymousD

@cox.net
reply to toy4x4

I think tulsa area just got the speed increase today cause when i was seeding a torrent my upload jumped to 90+kBps

i have preferred.

Mike00
Premium
join:2002-09-16
Tulsa, OK
reply to toy4x4

I've always had a pretty good download speed on the Preferred package which I think is still at 9/512. I wonder if that is because of Powerboost. I'm still only getting 512kb/sec upload though. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a difference the new speeds make.

wierdo

join:2001-02-16
Tulsa, OK
reply to anonymousD

said by anonymousD :

I think tulsa area just got the speed increase today cause when i was seeding a torrent my upload jumped to 90+kBps

i have preferred.
With all the rebooting my modem did last night (along with an hour or so outage), I thought they might be doing it then, but apparently not.
--
It's wierdo, not weirdo. Yes, I know that's not the 'proper' spelling of the similar english language word.

mumixam

join:2004-08-10

1 edit
reply to Mike00

look at the picture it says Megabytes per seconds

Mike00
Premium
join:2002-09-16
Tulsa, OK

said by mumixam:

look at the picture it says Megabytes per seconds
And there's two answers and no question on the bottom. hehe