Premium
join:2000-07-23
Seattle, WA
reply to Nightfall

Re: Warhammer RvR Tier 1

said by Nightfall:

said by Tehuno:

game uninstalled, account cancelled.
Shoulda called this game rangedhammer, as melee classes are all but useless, and im not gonna pay to beta test and wait for class balance to be adjusted.
QQ much?

Seriously, I am a melee class and I don't have a problem with ranged vrs melee.
Agreed. There is no problem if you take the time to learn your class mechanics and skills. Ranged DPS definitely doesn't take as much brainpower, that's why you see so many of them.

badtrip
I heart the East Bay
Premium
join:2004-03-20
Albany, CA
said by winterforge:

Ranged DPS definitely doesn't take as much brainpower, that's why you see so many of them.
Not necessarily true, you must be thinking Bright Wizard/Sorcerer. Try playing an assault specced Shadow Warrior, you definitely have to be on top of your game if you want to last more than 4 seconds in open RvR.

winterforge
Premium
Seattle, WA
said by badtrip:

said by winterforge:

Ranged DPS definitely doesn't take as much brainpower, that's why you see so many of them.
Not necessarily true, you must be thinking Bright Wizard/Sorcerer. Try playing an assault specced Shadow Warrior, you definitely have to be on top of your game if you want to last more than 4 seconds in open RvR.
Point taken, I was indeed thinking of BW and Sorc since they make up 95% of the ranged DPS. Engineer, Magus and SW do take more brains. I really am sick of all the BW and Sorc I see, way too overpopulated. I always hope they will blow themselves up with their spells and I'm there to see it.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
said by winterforge:

said by badtrip:

said by winterforge:

Point taken, I was indeed thinking of BW and Sorc since they make up 95% of the ranged DPS. Engineer, Magus and SW do take more brains. I really am sick of all the BW and Sorc I see, way too overpopulated. I always hope they will blow themselves up with their spells and I'm there to see it.
95%? Over exaggerate much?

On the server I play on, in a standard scenario battle, I typically see 2 of each of these classes on each side. I don't see 5 of them. I see more archers/Squig herders.

winterforge
Premium
Seattle, WA
said by Nightfall:

On the server I play on

sixstring

join:2002-09-16
Pasadena, CA
reply to winterforge
said by winterforge:

Engineer, Magus and SW do take more brains.
If you are talking about brains, try playing a healer. I played several different classes and healers have it rough in WH. You gotta twitch and think at the same time just to stay alive.. find places to hide, maintain LoS and heal your tanks while dodging burst dps classes. Definitely the hardest class to play well.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to winterforge
So BW and Sorcerers make up 95% of the ranged DPS on your server? Care to share your server name so I can check it out? I think that is an overexaggeration. In fact, I will put money on it.