Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

Is anybody with Acanac on fast path?

quote:
Hello,

Sorry, we do not offer fasthpath [sic].

Please let us know if you have another request.
Best Regards,
Acanac Inc.
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre

Premium Member

I asked 3 times to be on fastpath... but I got the same response...

I think we can get better results if you call technical support directly...
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge

i am on fast path so i don't know why they say that cause if they can change fast to interleave they can do the opposite

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

I called up and she said I'm on fast path. DMT tells me clearly it's interleaved. What gives?
bridge
Montreal, QC

bridge

can you post your modem status to do so you have to connect the modem directly on your computer you enter in ie or firefox 192.168.1.1 if it's a acanac modem if it's not and your with xp you can go to start--connection--show your connection--local connection--right click--status--support--default that's the IP you have to enter

or you can come to »community.acanac.com/aca ··· ndex.php and post your stat there it's faster to get answer than here it's free

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Canaca to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
Hello,

Please contact technical support and have them verify. The bell portal could be giving us one result and your modem another. I would trust your modem results more then the bell portal. Call support and tell them the issue. They will make sure you are moved to fast path and your ping times will be reduced. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sandro H.
»www.acanac.ca

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

1 edit

Last Parade

Spoke with James (?) and he said "it's set for AL2 which means Interleaved which means the customer should have Fast Path". That doesn't make any sense to me.

edit: a quick Google of "interleave AL2" determines that fastpath is AL1 and interleave is AL2.
bridge
Montreal, QC

2 edits

bridge

like i said on my other post, post your modem stat here it's the only way we can make sure that you are in fast path if your not all you'll have to do is send them an email with your modem stat so they can see for themself that you are not on fast path

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

said by bridge:

like i said on my other post, post your modem stat here it's the only way we can make sure that you are in fast path if your not all you'll have to do is send them an email with your modem stat so they can see for themself that you are not on fast path
bridge
Montreal, QC

1 edit

bridge

your not in fast path send those stat to them so they can see by themself

for the rest of your stat everything look great

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

1 edit

Last Parade

Where? If I send it through the form, the guy's gonna tell me they don't support "fasthpath".
bridge
Montreal, QC

4 edits

bridge

it's in ADSL performance and line Quality between the green and blue line you have ADSL interleave path

here's the email:

dslsupport@acanac.com

(i don't know if it's the email you use the first time)
and by the way here's something you should know before you ask them :

Fast Path is not necessarily the best thing for all profiles, if there are very few errors it might help a bit.(this is from someone here »community.acanac.com

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

emailed 7:18pm EDT 14/10/08 with attachment of screenshot, await reply.
bridge
Montreal, QC

1 edit

bridge

if they give you the same answer i'll pm paul(he's the owner and president of acanac and talk to him about it

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

OK thx

(I've been with Acanac for about 1 year)

maninthemoon
join:2008-10-14
Toronto, ON

maninthemoon to Last Parade

to Last Parade
I'm with Acanac on Fast Path, someone's feeding you rubbish.

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

status of ticket is "On Hold" ??
Last Parade

Last Parade

quote:
Hi

Bell sets the setting on fastpath by default.If your setting is currently on Interleaved,it means your line can not handle fastpath setting and we can not do any specific action regarding this issue.
Best Regards,
Acanac Inc.
Is that for real? Is the hardware on their end somehow limited? Because the line sure as hell can take it.
bridge
Montreal, QC

3 edits

bridge

here's what someone in acanac community said about fast path

fast path can cause other problems on some connections.

If he does change the one biggest change will be in his "Peak Cell Rate"
This is one we normally ignore but it is very important for certain applications. (also causes the most errors)

Said it before:
Sometimes you have to settle for a tradeoff.

whiteman

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

1 edit

Last Parade

OK, well someone at Acanac is now looking into it so we'll see what happens.

btw, if you're quoting someone please use the quote tags
bridge
Montreal, QC

bridge to Last Parade

to Last Parade
sorry about that i was in a hurry and wanted to be sure you get this message today

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

ok thx
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
I asked (again) to be put on fastpath... here is the response I got:
Hi

Bell sets the setting on fastpath by default.If your setting is currently on Interleaved,it means your line can not handle fastpath setting and we can not do any specific action regarding this issue.

Best Regards,
Acanac Inc.

So I asked again to have my line set to fastpath... I told them that my line works fine now... I got some problem at the beginning, but it was fixed by bell...
I'm still waiting

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

evidently i can't get on fast path without getting knocked down to 5 meg, so screw it.
bridge
Montreal, QC

1 edit

bridge

i just want to know out of curiosity did you have any problem with your connection or speed cause according to your stat your line doesn't have any problem, i can't see any wiring problem either and your not too far from the CO

here some indication for the noise margin and attenuation :

SN Margin (AKA Signal to Noise Margin or Signal to Noise Ratio) Relative strength of the DSL signal to Noise ratio: 6dB is the lowest dB manufactures specify for modem to be able to synch. In some instances interleaving can help raise the noise margin to an acceptable level. The higher the number the better for this measurement.
6dB or below is bad and will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems
7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions
11dB-20dB is good with no synch problems
20dB-28dB is excellent
29dB or above is outstanding

Line Attenuation
Measure of how much the signal has degraded between the DSLAM and the modem: maximum signal loss recommendation is usually about 60dB. The lower the dB the better for this measurement.
20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is good
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

yours ds margin 24 us margin is 12

and your ds attenuation is 19 and us attenuation is 13

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

Yeah my upstream is about right where it should be but my downstream could be bumped up a notch or 6!

I was trying to get the best line possible, reducing latency on the line for things like VoIP.
bridge
Montreal, QC

1 edit

bridge

if your talking about ds margin is 6 not good according to this 6dB or below is bad and will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems but if your talking about attenuation ds your right but the attenuation is telling us if you are far or near the CO so you are not to far from it so you should be able to get the speed you got on your profil

for the latency if you do speedtest don't use opera cause it will be a lot more than what you really got i did it with opera once just for fun and my latency was 306 but when i did it with firefox it was at 34 lolll

Last Parade
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

said by bridge:

if your talking about ds margin is 6 not good according to this 6dB or below is bad and will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems
No, I was using an arbitrary number to make a joke.
bridge
Montreal, QC

bridge

ok loll i didn't see the emo when iread it that's what happen when you got to many thing on your mind