uniqs

PhonePower
Premium Member
join:2007-07-20
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower

Premium Member

Upcoming PhonePower enhancements

Per the feedback on this forum, here's a list of what you've asked for, and what the status is:

BYOD - a popular request, coming within 45 days. We have quite a wide list of supported hardware already set for this.

Turn-off-voicemail radio button - coming within 30 days

Anonymous-Call-Rejection radio button - coming within 30 days

Call Logs - another popular request. We've not only expanded the call logs to 30 days, but you can go into the Advanced setting and view/download any date range you want.

Asterisk-specific packages - Currently in beta with a select few customers. The trick is to spin up our Support Dept to be able to troubleshoot this so you get the level of support you expect.

Distinctive-Ring - This is actually a limitation in the ATA hardware we're using. We are pushing the manufacturer to include this in their next firmware update, but no ETA.

Emergency failover number - This would be a call-forwarding setting that kicks in when you lose registration on the device (your broadband goes down, power is out, etc.). This requires some software upgrades internally, but is scheduled for Q2 of next year, if not sooner.

Turn-off-Operator-and-411-calling - coming in the next 30 days.

More printer-friendly invoices in the MyAccount portal - coming in the next week.

We value the feedback we receive from our BBR customers. Ari and I understood that back when we were running DSLExtreme years ago. Much of our features and innovation is driven by customer requests. Obviously we have to pick and choose between a lot of ideas to see what's in the best interest of you and of us. Please keep the feedback coming. Don't get discouraged if you don't get an immediate response to something in this forum, or your idea is shot down. We have a talented team of programmers and network engineers who spend a great deal of time making sure our service to you is not merely a commodity or utility, but a pleasurable experience.

Thanks,

Jim
sparkleclean
join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO

sparkleclean

Re: Upcoming PhonePower enhancements

Keep up the good work - put in my review yesterday.

Are you also planning to e-mail this information to your users? Not sure how many check this forum for updated info.

Kinzoo
join:2004-01-22
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo to PhonePower

to PhonePower
Some great features, keep up the good work!!!

EWK

softimage
join:2002-09-04

softimage to PhonePower

to PhonePower
can you have a medium codec setting? right now you only have a choice between super high quality and crappy.
softimage

softimage

also i was looking at the Call Logs section and it only has an option to block a number can we have an option, that if that number calls it go's automatically to voice mail? theres some people i dont want to talk to but i dont want to block them either, so them leaving a voice mail without having them bother me would be great.

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

2 edits

PhonePower

Premium Member

As you knwow, today you have a global setting for all blocked calls. Either voice email or busy.

We can put this on the roadmap. We have so many exciting things we're working on that this may not make it for several months however.
said by softimage:

also i was looking at the Call Logs section and it only has an option to block a number can we have an option, that if that number calls it go's automatically to voice mail? theres some people i dont want to talk to but i dont want to block them either, so them leaving a voice mail without having them bother me would be great.
PhonePower

PhonePower to softimage

Premium Member

to softimage
Only two standard codecs. Anything else and you may have trouble placing calls across the net.

For what it's worth, we exclusvely use the low bandwidth codec in our office and can't hear the diffrence. Is it different for you?
said by softimage:

can you have a medium codec setting? right now you only have a choice between super high quality and crappy.
laureltn
join:2004-01-02
Brentwood, TN

laureltn to PhonePower

to PhonePower
Have had our Phone Power for about a week and everything is great. Will be sending Vonage their pink slip soon (have used vonage since 2003, but the rates for Phone Power for better quality make it a no-brainer. I went looking for an alternative to Vonage after a Customer Support debacle with them and by the time they solved it, I had the Phone Power box on the way.)

I am excited about the possibility of distinctive ring. I had that back "in the day" with my Bellsouth line. If we do get it, is there any way in the world it could send the calls to different voicemail messages? If so, that would be perfect for me because it's our phone at home, but I also get calls for a small business I have and occasionally have our main office line forwarded to my house as well.

Thanks either way. It's great to see how responsive you guys are to user requests!

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

1 edit

PhonePower

Premium Member

Distinctive ring from different incoming numbers are not coming anytime soon due to technical limitations.

But it's a definite possibility based on calling party (number). I can put this on our roadmap.
said by laureltn:

Have had our Phone Power for about a week and everything is great. Will be sending Vonage their pink slip soon (have used vonage since 2003, but the rates for Phone Power for better quality make it a no-brainer. I went looking for an alternative to Vonage after a Customer Support debacle with them and by the time they solved it, I had the Phone Power box on the way.)

I am excited about the possibility of distinctive ring. I had that back "in the day" with my Bellsouth line. If we do get it, is there any way in the world it could send the calls to different voicemail messages? If so, that would be perfect for me because it's our phone at home, but I also get calls for a small business I have and occasionally have our main office line forwarded to my house as well.

Thanks either way. It's great to see how responsive you guys are to user requests!
Jeff528
join:2008-11-01
Forest Hills, NY

Jeff528 to PhonePower

to PhonePower
Are there any plans to get the remaining star codes to work with the Grandstream HT502? Seems there are a few that say "Please note this star code will not work with the Grandstream HT502."

I especially like *70, *78 and *79 but they aren't compatible.

Emergency failover number is also a must

Thanks guys!

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

1 edit

PhonePower

Premium Member

Emergency failover is coming in Q1 or Q2.

I will review the *70, *78 and *79 and get back to you.
said by Jeff528:

Are there any plans to get the remaining star codes to work with the Grandstream HT502? Seems there are a few that say "Please note this star code will not work with the Grandstream HT502."

I especially like *70, *78 and *79 but they aren't compatible.

Emergency failover number is also a must

Thanks guys!
Jeff528
join:2008-11-01
Forest Hills, NY

Jeff528

Got this response from Tech Support

Some star codes are simply not compatible with the Grand Stream but were available on an older model ATA we used to supply. As far as I know there are no plans to getting that to work with this device.

Thank you,

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

Kinzoo to PhonePower

to PhonePower
Thank you for keeping us posted PhonePower!!!!!

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower

Premium Member

Thank You!

BTW Anonymous call rejection, 411 and Operator blocking are now available in the "my account" section of the website.

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

Kinzoo to PhonePower

to PhonePower
I'm glad you mentioned that PP!!!

When I go to my acct. page, I tried to disable my ACR.
The button is green.
When I click on it, I get an error,

(ERROR: Unable to disable anonymous call rejection. Please contact customer support.)

and the button stays green.
Why won't it let me disable it?

The other button features appear to work OK.

Thank you

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

1 edit

PhonePower

Premium Member

I found your account. Seems to work fine for me. Please let me know if it's still acting up or contact support.

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

said by PhonePower:

I found your account. Seems to work fine for me. Please let me know if it's still acting up or contact support.
I just got an email from your support (Daniel G.).
He said he made a few adjustments on your side and it does appear to be working now.

Thank you for your quick response.

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower

Premium Member

This is correct. A hardware limitation.
said by PhonePower:

softimage
join:2002-09-04

softimage to PhonePower

to PhonePower
when Anonymous-Call-Rejection is active does the person get a message with reason for being rejected, so they know? i dont think i know anyone that has that but just wondering.

discjoker
join:2002-02-18
Billerica, MA

discjoker

said by softimage:

when Anonymous-Call-Rejection is active does the person get a message with reason for being rejected, so they know? i dont think i know anyone that has that but just wondering.
The message they get says, "We're sorry, the party you have called does not accept anonymous calls. Please unblock your caller id and try your call again."

AciDFluX
@gvtc.com

AciDFluX to PhonePower

Anon

to PhonePower
Phonepower, When can we expect to use our Cisco 7900 series phones with your service?
tony520
join:2008-04-16
Anaheim, CA

tony520 to PhonePower

to PhonePower
you where my first voip provider, but i left because of no Emergency fail over number feature. I'm really happy you will be adding these features, I've always regretted leaving.

andysousa
@comcast.net

andysousa

Anon

Is there any more information on when the failover will be available? I am a current member, but because of the lack of failover I am looking elsewhere for service. Failover is so important to us because of our alarm system. If they can't get ahold of us through the phone power phone I don't want them dispatching the police on a false alarm.