share rss forum feed

Newegg
Comcast steals modems

join:2004-11-14
Norcross, GA

Rats or mice inside the ceiling in my apt

»www.sendspace.com/file/9mtehm
»www.sendspace.com/file/34w78r

Long story short. I talked with management. They said they would spray the apt with poison and the apt above mine. I told them the rats or mice do not come into my apt or the one above where people live. There is laundry vents on the exterior walls of the building as well as hoses from AC lines going into the walls that rats or mice could use to get in the wall and into the ceiling. They said they are coming later today to spray my apt and the neighbors apt with poison.

They said they will not take the ceiling down or break and go in through the laundry vents on the outside. I told them they don't have to and to transfer me to another apt and I could care less what they do with this one. They said there is a transfer fee and I told them I am not paying that since this isn't my fault.

Another thing is that I have been feeling sick since this past summer with allergy type symptoms even though I have no history of allergies and the mice or rats have been in there since last winter. I only heard mice or rat sounds this past weekend but I heard scratches and fast paced foot steps in the ceiling since last winter. I have yet to go get checked out.

My question is. Does anyone here know what number to call in Gwinnett county to complain about this? Like a health department or something. Public safety? What is the right number to call?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
The Health Dept would be my first call.

Newegg
Comcast steals modems

Norcross, GA

1 edit
I have looked that up and I have yet to find a contact number. Anyone have it?

These are the laundry vents.
»img208.imageshack.us/img208/7071···3zp2.jpg

And AC lines.
»img249.imageshack.us/img249/4053···5hn3.jpg

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
Purple Zone
Reviews:
·Comcast
..was looking for you when you typed that

»health.state.ga.us/regional/gwin···ment.asp

quote:
Property Maintenance

Environmental Health, in conjunction with the County's Planning and Development agency, investigates and pursues abatement of complaints against unkempt properties. Overgrown yards, abandoned vehicles and swimming pools, accumulations of garbage, and abandoned houses are the most common complaints received by the agency.
Guess that would include rodent infestation?
--
~Safe Hex~ Team Discovery ~ Project Hope ~ Like A Hurricane~

Newegg
Comcast steals modems

Norcross, GA
I appreciate it. I'll call later today.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
Purple Zone
Good luck. Hopefully they'll come out & inspect the property and make the landlord make it right.

Rodents can pose serious health threats

Newegg
Comcast steals modems

Norcross, GA
I called just now. They said they don't do anything inside of houses.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
Purple Zone
Did they refer you to someone that can help?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
Purple Zone
reply to Newegg

Newegg
Comcast steals modems

Norcross, GA
reply to lilhurricane
said by lilhurricane:

Did they refer you to someone that can help?
No they didn't. I'll keep looking maybe I can dig up a number.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

1 edit
If you have not already, I would send a certified letter to apartment management notifying them of the problem. You need to create a "paper trail" of you trying to get the problem fixed. If they fail to fix the issue you will than be on much stronger legal ground to terminate your lease.

Here is a sample letter I found on clarkhoward.com

»clarkhoward.com/topics/repair_request.html

--

The foundations of character are built not by lecture, but by bricks of good example, laid day by day.