spc
Search similar:

uniqs
astor
join:2008-08-25
Montreal, QC

astor

Free 411 phone number for cell and residential

BELL CANADA ne se vante pas qu'il y a le 1-800 pour utiliser le 411 gratuitement... LE SAVIEZ-VOUS ? maintenant
c'est fait !

Il n'y a aucun, AUCUNS FRAIS pour appeler le 411 l'assistance annuaire !
Mais les compagnies de téléphone nous facturent quand même des frais de 1.00$ ou plus pour des renseignements demandés via le 411 alors qu'ils n'ont pas besoin de le faire.

Voici ce qu'il faut faire...quand vous avez besoin
du 411 à la maison ou sur votre cellulaire, faites simplement 1-800-FREE-411ou le 1-800-373-3411
sans avoir à débourser aucuns frais.

Cela fonctionne pour la maison et les cellulaires.
BELL Canada ne se vante pas de cela ! ! ! C'est une information que les gens aiment recevoir.

Please someone could translate it to english and post as an answer, please?
shepd
join:2004-01-17
Kitchener, ON

1 edit

shepd

said by astor:

Please someone could translate it to english and post as an answer, please?
Hmm, last post didn't work. But my limited french tells me if you call 1-800-FREE-411 you get 411 service for free.

How this beats 1-800-GOOG-411, I don't know...

EDIT: Free bonus: If you want help with looking up a toll-free number, call 1-800-555-1212 for toll free directory assistance (actually, call area-code + 555-1212 for directory assistance "specific" to that area-code anywhere in North America... "specific" since you usually end up on the usual useless 411 service anyway -- I don't think 555-1212 is free for anything but 800-555-1212, BTW).

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

The question is. Who picks up the phone when you call 1-800-373-3411 ?

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

Thanks I couldn't figure out the question. If that's so, from what I can tell it's an automated system and you have to listen to an advertisement first.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to astor

MVM

to astor
Just to make it clear in case Shepd's post didn't, Google's 411 service (1-800-GOOG-411) is also free.

themonkeyz
join:2007-11-24
Quebec, QC

themonkeyz to astor

to astor
Bon ben de un c'est en anglais, pis ça m'a l'air juste pour les states...

So you hear an ad then you can search phone numbers in the US.

But I tried it from Gizmo.. I'll try it again originating from Unlimitel.

Hmmm... "Fuuuuth! We're sorry, the number you have reached is not in service. Please check the number, or try your call again." two times then fast busy. Very noisy.

Lets try it from skype!
Same thing that happened with gizmo, except that the first time I've heard a skype PSTN call so clearly!
emoci
join:2007-05-29
York, ON

4 edits

emoci to astor

to astor
There is a few Free 411 services:

»www.free411.com/index.php (some support for Manitoba Numbers)

»www.google.com/goog411/ (Should have fair support for Canadian Numbers... business more likely than personal...)

»www.tellme.com/ (1-800-555-TELL)

»www.1800411save.com/ (Supposedly has support for US/Canada and live agents...)

»freemetro.1888usa.com/ (US Only)

PS. Remember 411 is always Free from a PayPhone

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by emoci:

So are toll-free numbers.

I once surprised my friends while walking down the street with them after dinner (had to be something like 11PM or so) by suddenly stopping at a payphone in the middle of the sidewalk and calling TekSavvy technical support for an update on a Bell ticket :P
shepd
join:2004-01-17
Kitchener, ON

shepd

said by Guspaz:

said by emoci:

So are toll-free numbers.

I once surprised my friends while walking down the street with them after dinner (had to be something like 11PM or so) by suddenly stopping at a payphone in the middle of the sidewalk and calling TekSavvy technical support for an update on a Bell ticket :P
Well, payphones are free to the caller for 800 numbers, however, some of the payphone fee is passed along to the 800 number operator, it was some very non-even number, like 37.95 cents or something like that. I'd have to look it up.

So, be nice to TSi and only call their toll-free number from a payphone if you have to. (I know you wouldn't call without a good reason, Guspaz) And never call it from a prison, at least in the US the 800 number operator is billed something like $21 US. Of course, the operator has the option of blocking payphone and prison calls. Heh...
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to astor

to astor
I use 1800411save and it works very well.. Sometimes the American's who answer have issues with some names.. but It's FREE.