spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lanal

@ientalcleaners.com

Magicjack-No dial tone on phone and phone does not ring

I am hoping someone can help me since I have had two magicjacks now which have the same problem even on different computers. I have changed USB ports, phones,phone lines, too but still have this problem. I can install the magicjack and register and then can dial out and receive calls using the "soft" phone onscreen. But the real phone does not have a dial tome, nor does it ring. If I initiate a call or answer a call from the 'soft' phone onscreen, I can then pick up the real phone and use it just fine to talk, but it goes dead again after the call is hung up from the soft phone. Now I am stuck because Magicjack customer service sent me a replacement for the first defective one, and the replacement they sent me has the same problem....and they won't issue another replacement if I return this defective one, or credit my card. I should mention that I have 3 other magicjacks which work fine on the computers I have been trying to install the replacement on. Anyone have any suggestions or seen this problem?

guhuna
Premium
join:2001-03-31
Port Costa, CA
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

What happens when you click the menu button on the softphone, does it say switch to headset or telephone?

lanal

@ientalcleaners.com

it says "switch to headset"...I am already on "telephone". I can unplug the magicjack which is giving me this problem, and plug in another one I have and it works fine....

RockyBB
Premium
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

guessing: is there an issue that maps a single PC to a single device? I don't like suggesting this (due to software download and no UNINSTALL option), but have you tried moving the offending device to a PC that has never had a MJ to see if it works correctly on it?

evilt00l

join:2003-03-20
Winchester, KY
kudos:1
reply to lanal

From LP support with MJ:

Sheri: We are doing some upgrades, our engineers are working to get them completed as fast as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Sheri: I do apologize for this, but I had already raise this concern to our engineers. They are doing some upgrade already for this issue.

lanal

@cablebahamas.net
reply to RockyBB

Yes, I moved the magicjack to a computer that has never seen a magicjack...same result.

lanal

@cablebahamas.net
reply to evilt00l

Are you saying that there will be a FIX for this problem and it is a known problem? Would have been nice if one of the many Magicjack Customer Service people I chatted to, let me now this. If you are with Magicjack, can you notify me when/if a fix bceomes available, or do you have a timeframe? I am at the point of notifying my credit card company that I have a defective product so they can credit the charge since this is the second Magicjack I have with this problem.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3

Where are you located ?

lanal

@cablebahamas.net

I am in the Bahamas and have 3 other magicjacks which work fine...I shipped the defective one back from Ft Lauderdale.

obusquets

join:2008-11-07
Santa Monica, CA
reply to lanal

I have the same issue as you, but I only have one MJ. It started working fine, but now I can only dial from the PC as opposed to the telephone that I have connected top the MJ.