uniqs
nstarz
join:2004-04-07
San Jose, CA

nstarz to sashwa

to sashwa

Re: Line Monitoring SignUps for Earthlink DSL members

It looks like I have a dynamic IP now

So I'm trying the program that dslreports recommended but am having the same problem with an unknown error just like this person at »DeeEnEs Problems

should I post my problem there or maybe someone here knows about it?

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa

Mod

I'm using DeeEnEs so I might be able to help. What I would do is stop my line monitor by clicking on the "Stop Monitor" button and then uninstall DeeEnEs.

Then setup up your monitor again making sure you have both the current IP address entered and the the "Dynamic IP" box checked when you set it up. After the monitor starts working correctly, then download DeeEnEs again and reinstall it using your new "Unique number for dynamic DNS client" by following: »Re: DeeEnEs Problems .

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

2 edits

Doctor Olds to nstarz

Premium Member

to nstarz
said by nstarz:

It looks like I have a dynamic IP now :(

Are you paying for a Static IP? If yes, then call support at EL to get that fixed.

If not, setup DynDNS in your EL Router as the ZyXEL P660R's all support it.

* Zyxel P-660R-ELNK - Router
* Zyxel P-660R-D1 - Router
* Zyxel P-660R-61 - Router

nstarz
join:2004-04-07
San Jose, CA

nstarz

Sadly I have the super old Netopia and a linksys router. I just was browsing thru the browser's control panel (I installed DD-WRT) and saw an option for DynDNS. If that doesn't work I'll try what sashwa said

Thankz for the help.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by nstarz:

Sadly I have the super old Netopia and a linksys router. I just was browsing thru the browser's control panel (I installed DD-WRT) and saw an option for DynDNS. If that doesn't work I'll try what sashwa said
That should work fine as DD-WRT has a excellent reputation for all options being functional.