Search similar:

uniqs

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

What are you breaking...err fixing this weekend?

behold my stick of poking
Feel free to share...I'll chime in after I get back from the attic

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

I mowed the leaves.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
•Cleaning the gutters,
•putting on leaf guards,
•touching up the paint I applied last weekend,
•putting a child proof latch on a cabinet,
•trying to diagnose the electric furnace filter unit, which does not seem to turn on anymore.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to rfhar

Premium Member

to rfhar
I was thinking about doing that to our pinestraw...not sure if the mower will pick it up, but it's worth a shot, considering the alternative.

Frankg0
join:2005-03-09
Loudoun, VA

Frankg0 to Dennis

to Dennis
Additional shelving in my 3 year old boys closet so he can reach to put his toys away...

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Remove the screens and install the glass in the storm doors.
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Put weatherstriping on the front door to try to stop the drafts. Then I couldn't close the door. So I removed the weatherstripping.
Bobcat79

Bobcat79 to StepR

Premium Member

to StepR
said by StepR:

trying to diagnose the electric furnace filter unit, which does not seem to turn on anymore.
Bad sail switch?

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX

1 edit

Locutus65 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Small tinkering stuff this weekend. Put up a new can smasher, washed the car, put up a broom and mop hanger, installed a corner shelf in the shower.
Next weekend will be installing a new storm door and putting up some pegboard in the garage for my tools.

What did you do in the attic? Chase critters? Wicked looking weapon you have there

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

2 recommendations

Dennis

Mod

said by Locutus65:

What did you do in the attic? Chase critters? Wicked looking weapon you have there
Heh, only as a last resort. When our roof was redone last year, the roofer told me that my eaves were clogged with insulation. So I taped that garden tine onto an expandable painting pole and "raked my attic" to get the air flow going again. Hell of a job I'll tell you...going to take at least two or twelve beers to recover from

bryank
join:2000-03-23
Plainfield, IL

bryank to Dennis

to Dennis
I re-screened two windows that the kids put holes in, replaced the water filter on my whole house humidifier, and installed a cover cap (with holes of course) on my gutter downspout drainage pipe that exits my retaining wall (rabbits go in there in the winter time).

Then I was done and got to watch football the rest of the day.

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

SandShark5 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Yesterday, I pulled everything out of my work van. Because it has a sorry shelf system (see this thread), I went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of containers and organizers. I spent most of the afternoon organizing all my tools, parts and fittings, and getting rid of crap I don't use or need.

Today, I cleaned it inside and out. Then, I put everything back in it. I still have more stuff at the shop I need to put in it, but at least I know where everything is. Now, I need to train my new helper to put things back where he found them.

MrFixitCT
pay it forward

join:2000-12-01
Port Charlotte, FL

MrFixitCT to rfhar

to rfhar
said by rfhar:

I mowed the leaves.
same here..

cgeek5467
cleckjr
join:2003-08-30
Trenton, NJ

cgeek5467 to Dennis

to Dennis
Honey Do's ...
•install new timer for outside lights
•pick up some leaves
•remove old caulk on southern windows and doors and replace with solar seal #900

... all done. Nothing broken. All fingers still there.

mfeeny
Sweeper51
Premium Member
join:2000-06-03
Detroit, MI

mfeeny to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
put everything from summer away---got out the snowthrowers, fired em up to make sure they still run. then got on my bike for a long ride on a new rails to trails i found out about the other day.

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Locutus65 to cgeek5467

Premium Member

to cgeek5467
said by cgeek5467:

... all done. Nothing broken. All fingers still there.
That is always a good thing

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to Dennis

MVM

to Dennis
said by Dennis:
said by Locutus65:

Heh, only as a last resort. When our roof was redone last year, the roofer told me that my eaves were clogged with insulation. So I taped that garden tine onto an expandable painting pole and "raked my attic" to get the air flow going again. Hell of a job I'll tell you...going to take at least two or twelve beers to recover from
Y'know what works really well? Head on down to Wally world and buy a child's toy garden rake for a couple of bucks... usually comes with a plastic shovel, too. Tape on an extension handle and pull to your heart's content.

Paulg
Displaced Yooper
Premium Member
join:2004-03-15
Neenah, WI

Paulg to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Continuing the complete bathroom rip and replace.

Forgot to take pics of the old.. but ill be sure to post afters when we finish.

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Locutus65

Premium Member

said by Paulg:

Continuing the complete bathroom rip and replace.

Forgot to take pics of the old.. but ill be sure to post afters when we finish.
I'll have some of that coming up in a few months. We are just getting ready to buy our town home. Should close around the end of Nov.
Has already been remodeled quite a bit but all 3 bathrooms are quite outdated.

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

Rxdoxx to Dennis

to Dennis
Worked on a couple of things.

Went around the outside cinderblock foundation touching up areas where the old DryLoc had chipped off.

And an outside halogen light from the porch eave was hanging low on one side. Discovered that the plastic electrical box it was attached to had cracked right on the screw housing on one side. Got some epoxy resin and put it around it (inside). Today I was able to screw the screw back in and have it hold the fixture tight to the rubber gasket.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Ugh! I spent yesterday at a wedding and today helping my brother. My yard is a freak'n disaster!

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
No time for anything this weekend. Next weekend, I think I'm going to assault my garage in the face. I'm going to empty it into the driveway and slowly reassemble. Whatever doesn't belong in a proper garage and my wife can't find a place for in the house is getting trashed or sent to goodwill.

DesertRats
Premium Member
join:2003-11-23
Santa Clarita, CA

DesertRats to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Well lets see, I slept in late then spent 2 or 3 hours off and on helping a friend, over the phone, set up a new laptop.
Paid some bills online, read 2 Sunday newspapers, also read several forums on DSL Reports.
By some good luck I didn't pick up any tools so nothing was broken, fixed, or even slightly damaged, by me at any rate.

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO

GadgetsRme to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
I drained and put away my irrigation pump that I water the lawn with, blew out and stored the hoses, mowed the leaves and then our company for the week showed up. Then this afternoon three colonies of flying ants made an appearance so I had to commit anticide with good old Ortho Max Home Defense.

clevere1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA

clevere1 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
I picked up a new skil saw, cut the back off a cheap-o desk I got for the kids .. cleaned up the saw dust.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
I FINALLY got the scraping done on the house. There was one last section that was still left undone, and my neighbor who was helping me off and on put some chemical stripper on there and then left it. Very fun.

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Cut 5-6 small trees near my driveway, cleaned the pool for season closing (yeah a bit late), replaced a couple of old outdoor light fixtures with motion sensors, installed some more tiles in the kitchen, replaced the garage light switch with a motion sensor only to find out that it was a piece of junk (at maximum sensitivity it was hardly sensing 10ft away...) so had to "undo" it, sanded the floors in 2 rooms and that's it...

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Replace weather stripping on back door and replace storm door.

Put up storm fencing along side of driveway to deflect snow.

Finish putting felt outlet insulators in.

CKizer
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
Tijeras, NM

CKizer to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Shutdown swamp (evaporative) cooler and change the oil/filter in my truck (I know, wrong forum).

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
I need to do something next weekend. Notably mow the lawn and clean the gutters.

I've never cleaned gutters before. How does one accomplish such a task? Is it as straightforward as it would sound or am I being overly optimistic. Some tips from the Honey-Do pros are much appreciated.