Rhaas
Premium
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO

cs1500 Softswitch

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Back Hard to See but Top to bottom: Fuse panel and Power Dist., Redundant APMax's, Redundant OAM&P Switches, NetGuardian, CS1500
Click for full size
Top to bottom: Fuse Panel, Redundant AP Max Units, Redundant OAM&P Switches, NetGuardian Alarm System
Click for full size
Top to bottom: NetGuardian, Redundant CS1500 Core modules
Click for full size
Top to Bottom: Fuse Panel, PortModules
Click for full size
I tried to reply in the Telco questions topic, but it is too old. Anyway here is our CS1500 softswitch. We did the cut last tuesday night/wed morning (10/14-10/15). So far so good anyway!

*-I'm not on the telco side although I am learning and will likely be trained on the 1500. For now though I am on the internet/networking side of the house so to speak

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC
kudos:2
Nice. What does it do?

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to Rhaas
A CS1.5K is a large scale PBX or small scale VoIP/PSTN switch... It's part of Nortel's succession platform; and interfaces with DMS (in this case, it would appear DMS10) hardware for traditional PSTN connection, and Passport voice gateways for VoIP.

Nice install, btw... Do you know who the vendor/installation company was?

Laz

Rhaas
Premium
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO

1 edit
In our case we colapsed our DMS10 into the CS1500. We will remove the 10 mainframe at a later date - LCM's stay put. We have a second stand alone 10 that will need to be colapsed as well. We haven't decided whether we will do another stand alone 1500 or colapse that 10 into this 1500. If we colapse into this 1500 the other CO will only have a set of portmodules to run the office. Hard to believe the entire 10 front end (3 bays of cards) will colapse into 2 1u units..

The 10 was done by Falcon Communications. The 1500' was put in by 1 contractor (Art out of Stl.) and 1 guy from Nortel (Kelley out of somewhere in Ks.)

Our biggest issue in all of this was the fact that we were entirely TR-08 which the 1500 does not support. We had to R&R a SLC-96 and change it over to an Occam setup. and covert our NextLevel/Motorola BDT into GR-303.

jmich
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Toms River, NJ
reply to Rhaas
it is a thing of beauty

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC
kudos:2