how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smokarz

join:2006-07-24
West Hartford, CT

AT&T....Better Work on FTTH

With Comcast's new speeds, they are putting AT$T further behind in the caves...

1.5Mb DSL is just plain pathetic. They might be able to sell it to grandpas, but for the high school/college kids and young professionals, anything less thna 6Mb is pure shit.

Birolo

join:2005-04-24
Woodstock, GA

Hi,

Well, I am getting this in this area.

Pearland_guy2

@twcbs.com
reply to smokarz

I agree. I've been with AT&T for almost a year and thier speed is extremely low compared to comcast. I registered for the 6 speed elite service and i get about 4M down on speedtest.net.

Even though I have AT&T as my ISP right now, i called comcast and i was offered the BLAST service for 64.95. I couldn't get it lowered (price) because I am stuck with At&t for 1 year! (Contract). The tech is scheduled to comeout this week and install Blast. When Docsis 3.0 is rolled out down here (houston) im definately going to get the 22\5 tier.

Thanks

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit

I hope this forces FIOS to increase their speeds again. I would love for my 50/20 tier(for $90 a month) to get bumped higher when Comcast launches this in the DC area.

swhitney2003
Premium
join:2003-06-13
NH
reply to Birolo

said by Birolo:

Hi,

Well, I am getting this in this area.

powerboost.

Birolo

join:2005-04-24
Woodstock, GA

Yes, I know that.

iansltx_

@spcsdns.net
reply to swhitney2003

FiOS might lower pricing, but their speeds are still generally better than Comcasts. They could up their 20 Mbps tiers to 30 Mbps though, and the 10 Mbps tier to 15. 50 Mbps down with 20 Mbps up beats 50/10 cable any day of the week, especially if it's 90 bucks. If such a service was offered in my area, I'd pay for it

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO
reply to Pearland_guy2

HA a Pearland GUY SN... HOW funny..

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to smokarz

even more important, Verizon and Comcast blow Uverse from the water and dont need to place boxes the size of a refrigerator or two on lawns.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports