All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
angrybeaver
join:2008-10-22
Montgomery Creek, CA

angrybeaver

High latency in Montgomery Creek, CA. northern cali

Anyone know wth is going on tonight with the latency? It is almost as bad as dial up. Also the past few 2 months from 5 pm to about 10 pm'ish latency has been going bonkers. Of course I called tech support and well...ya talking to them is about as productive as smashing my head into a brick wall.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

When the latency is low and high, run a speed test, line quality test from this site and a trace route (turn off SpeedStream's firewall for the last two tests). It'll show us where the problem is and can help you get Frontier to help you out.
jonnn
join:2005-04-01
Sacramento, CA

jonnn to angrybeaver

to angrybeaver
frontier knows this problem has been happening for what like almost 2 years now? they just dont do shit about it
angrybeaver
join:2008-10-22
Montgomery Creek, CA

1 edit

angrybeaver

heh ya, no kidding. when I call their tech support its the same old sh*t. have me restart the modem...then its something on MY end with my phone line... they have sent a service guy up here before and the issue was not at my house...but ya. pretty frackin frustrating. now all this news about a 5 gb limit. already overpriced dsl for partial service, partial I say because from 5-10p.m. its the complete and utter crap. then they're going to have this limit and charge us the same amount of money most likely. *joygazm*
angrybeaver

angrybeaver

It is 5:44 pm pst and guess what just picked up...yep you guessed it. Latency is in the 500s now. I love frontier. joygazm...* rolls eyes* .. and climbing.