rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65 to Flashfox

Premium Member

to Flashfox

Re: [TWC] San Diego/Desert Cities/Barstow Time Warner Cable Topi

The 800 channels haven't been moved into the 1100's due to technical issues and they forgot to send out a letter notifying those customers.

San Diego will be getting a century of HD channels by the end of this month.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

The century point is 100 HD channels. We're only 5 short from this magic number. BBCA HD is probably the most wanted HD channel for this division and if it does launch, it will be just in time for Dr. Who.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Dallas is going to 57 next month or first of may as they are ADDING KSTR HD 435 and KUVN HD 393 so we are getting these to compete with fios.

so one more full power local to go KXTX HD all three are spanish.

notice on local TWC page.

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

100 must be coming soon and the Samsung boxes might be getting some updates soon.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego just hit 100 HD channels. They're the first TWC division to have Fox Soccer HD ! Before all the all the NY divisions !

Fox Soccer HD CH. 805
ID HD CH. 851
History International HD CH. 852
BBC America HD CH. 853
Style HD CH. 859

No plans yet for Fox Soccer plus and NatGeo Wild but they're coming soon.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"No plans yet for Fox Soccer plus "

Fox soccer plus is a 15 buck Premium channel on my Verizon FIOS.

Hob

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

More is coming on the way. Desert Cities will start testing the Cisco HD-DVR's but they fixed some of the Samsung bugs. I think the ODN bug where it loses the VOD service group after a reboot isn't a Samsung bug. There must be something in ODN that is causing it. We have ODN v3.2.0_15.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

They have plenty of SMT-H3270 DVR's at Ware Ct.

yukycg
@mindspring.com

yukycg to rv65

Anon

to rv65
I'm been dying for Fox soccer HD, the fox soccer plus is coming to NY on April 5th but no mention for Fox soccer HD

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Fox Soccer doesn't really show a lot of HD. They mainly show 4:3 and 16:9 SD.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by rv65:

Fox Soccer doesn't really show a lot of HD. They mainly show 4:3 and 16:9 SD.
Links?

The games I watched today looked HD to me.

Hob

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

I've only seen it a few times, mainly at night.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

NatGeo Wild was added but no channel logos or guide data. Guide data will be coming soon I guess.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

The channel moves were a great sucess. A bunch of 800 spots were now listed in the guide as Info. 2 spots in the 690's are also open. I suppose more Asian and HD channels are coming soon to San Diego.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

RemoteDVR might not be available until later this year. Probably this summer. That way both the Legacy and OCAP boxes can get it. I don't think they want to deploy it for only one box type. It also requires the new MyServices page. MDN v2.5.0-48 and ODN v3.2.0_15 both have the remoteDVR and employees in San Diego and Charlotte are testing it.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

NatGeo WILD HD is now added on the San Diego and Ex Adelphia systems but I can't access it for some reason, even though I subscribe to the tier that it's currently in. I subscribe to practically everything and I can't even access it.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

I was told that Dallas is staying I-Guide so I think the motorola navigator Idea is now dead as we are going to start testing Tru2way and Dallas likes Iguide but hated 74.53-4003.

I expect(guess) for Dallas to test startover on iguide and make a run at getting back in the stb competition game.

A28 has a middle ware so It is classified as Tru2Way but if it is not JAVA it is isn't tru2Way which they should allow C# and C++ back in the game for tru2way.

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

You can use a Java middleware that isn't tru2way. It's possible to do so. NDS does this for clients in other countries.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego is getting new Cisco boxes for the SA area. Model numbers are 8640HDC for the HD-DVR and 4640HDC for the HD-STB which lacks a DVR. The 8640HDC has a 320 GB HDD, same as the Samsung 3270 DVR. The only downside is the lack of a stretched 16:9 guide which the Samsung supports.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego and Desert Cities are getting new HD's in June. Not much more to add though. Cooking Channel HD will be launched on 6.30.2010.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Raleigh just got a new patch that fixes the DD and HDMI bugs on the Cisco boxes. San Diego will likely be getting this patch as they too will be getting the new Cisco DVR's.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

TBS HD is switching to a West Coast feed on or about 5.18.2010.
RamsteinUSA
join:2007-02-15
Scio, OR

RamsteinUSA to rv65

to rv65
it appears that whenever some changes happen in San Diego, that does not always mean 'San Diego North County'... so maybe the areas which get changes should be pointed out more specifically. In the area I live we do not have the same equipment that is spoken about in San Diego threads..

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

I just found out that TruTV HD was just added in North County. More channels will be added and a few will be moved to make room for more premium HD's.
RamsteinUSA
join:2007-02-15
Scio, OR

RamsteinUSA to rv65

to rv65
currently some HD channels are not available to some North County San Diego subscribers. I called them this morning, and this info was confirmed by their Customer Service. They said they are working on it..

FYI

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

A&E VOD content is now on Primetime OD, even though the move will happen on 6.1.2010.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

This is also a corporate wide decision and not a local one.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by rv65:

This is also a corporate wide decision and not a local one.
what is?

Hob

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Where A&E OD content is moving to Primetime OD. My division has already moved that content, though that channel exists. Other legal notices such as NYC have mentioned this move.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey

Premium Member

I just checked and A&E is listed in Primetime OD, so it is that way in my part of Southern California.