uniqs

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Re: [TWC] San Diego/Desert Cities/Barstow Time Warner Cable Topi

Ex Adelphia got a whole bunch of new HD channel. These new channels require a Cablecard device plus a TA, a limited function box for UDCP TV owners, or a HD cable box to view.

Meanwhile San Diego proper got Fox Soccer Plus, Travel Channel HD, and Fox Soccer Plus HD. A few ethnic channels were also added plus a Spanish movie channel.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

TVK is an interesting channel. It's all in Korean and it's in the Choice tier and not an extra charge channel. Some of the shows are quite strange when compared to American TV shows. Of course, they have Korean dramas, and I'm not a big fan of soap operas in general.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

On or about 6.18.2010 TBS HD, TNT HD, and Cartoon Network HD will be moving to West Coast feeds.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

KBNT HD was added on CH. 715.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego now has Cisco boxes. Model number is 8640HDC for the HD-DVR and 4640HDC for the HD-STB. You can pick them up at Ware Ct.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

I've emailed tribune about the TBS HD, Cartoon HD, and TNT HD feed changes. They are going to fix it soon.
rv65

1 edit

rv65

Premium Member

TWC needs a payment center/box swap office in Rancho Bernardo, or at least somewhere closer to Ware Ct. I got a new Cisco 4640HDC to replace a SMT-H3260 and it's ok, but the picture is a little more saturated in the menus. It works fine, I guess. I haven't tried the DVR version, and Ware. Ct has it hooked up to their Samsung HDTV. Samsung's are available, and they want you to swap your modem, which I will do eventually. My Cisco box is hooked up to a CRT, which I will be replacing it with an LCD. I do like the stretched menus on the Samsung box. I'm sure an ODN and middleware update can fix that.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Only changes are Univision HD going to CH. 717, while the HD VIP channels are moving the new positions. This has been delayed since TWC hasn't notified those customers yet. TWC hasn't made changes to the STB's and stuff like that.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego doesn't really need a whole lot of new HD channels. We have all the major ones but the Big10 HD overflows are coming back when college football starts.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Speed2 is available for those who want it.

www.speed2.com
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego will be getting MR-DVR, but it's going to require professional installation, since there will be an inline MoCA filter that will prevent the MR-DVR to go back into the Cable system.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Legacy boxes will get MDN v2.5 in a couple of weeks, and that will fix a bunch of bugs found in the legacy boxes.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

No new channels other than ESPN GoalLine. I'm content with the current number of HD channels right now, but there will likely be more this year, or most likely next year.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

TWC San Diego just deployed MDN v2.5.0-49 to the legacy boxes. ODN v4.0 isn't available yet.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

RemoteDVR is somewhat enabled, but I still get the error message. RemoteDVR must be coming out soon.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

RemoteDVR is now enabled for TW San Diego, Barstow, and Desert Cities subscribers. Not sure if San Diego ex Adelphia subscribers are able to access it, but I have it working right now on a Ubuntu 10.10 system running FF v3.6.10.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

URL's are »dvr.timewarnercable.com for the Desktop version and »mdvr.timewarnercable.com
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

A new Spanish cable package is now available in San Diego, which includes popular english channels as well as Spanish ones. Not much has changed in the legal notice. The only new HD channel is Primetime HD OD on CH. 722.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Look Back is now available, as is an expanded line up of Start Over channels.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Got a nice price increase mailer, but I'm on a bundle for now, so it's all good.

Digital packs have gone up, boxes are now more expensive, and everything else across the board is getting an increase. RoadRunner Mobile is being marked as "Coming Soon". More HD is coming next year which is always good, but I'm content with the ones they have right now.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Anybody who wants a bundle in San Diego should buy it before the price increase goes into effect. Digital bundles will go up $4.00 a month.
scottyd
join:2002-10-23
North Hollywood, CA

scottyd to rv65

to rv65
Anyone in north county San Diego having digital artificating on certain channels? I'm in Carlsbad. This just started earlier today and it's happening on channels as low as 43, 45, 46 and as high as 497 and that's just a few. Happening on all my TVs with or without a box. I have a tech coming out on Saturday.

This is what G4 HD looks like - »www.twitvid.com/9LQGI

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I am pretty sure that's a local issue, Is it affecting your neighbors?

Hob
scottyd
join:2002-10-23
North Hollywood, CA

scottyd

Not sure. I don't know my neighbors that well.

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Signature home is now available for the amazingly low price of only $179.99; however, only those in San Diego proper can get it. Ex-Adelphia (Carlsbad) users can't get it for now.

ninjamurf
@kodak.com

ninjamurf

Anon

So, I'm having a bear of a time trying to figure WHICH channels are offered with the Signature Home package?!?!?!? Everything I see talks about the dual DVR, the new modem, terabyte of storage, blah, blah, blah, but I can't find ANYTHING that tells me what channels I'll actually get? HBO? Showtime? Sports package? Please tell me this isn't a "base" price and I have to build a cable package on top of it?!

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Yes it's a basic package with around 180 channels. No premiums, but I'm not sure the total breakdown. You should call TWC and their signature home hotline for more details.
RamsteinUSA
join:2007-02-15
Scio, OR

RamsteinUSA to rv65

to rv65
said by rv65:

URL's are »dvr.timewarnercable.com for the Desktop version and »mdvr.timewarnercable.com

I just went through that big hassle to sign in and get this:

Error
Error code 704: DVR Manager is not available in your division at this time.

more BS!

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

RemoteDVR isn't available to Motorola users at this time. Only those in the Cisco/SA area can use it, as they use Cisco, Samsung, and SA boxes running a different software than to what the Motorola users are using.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

I would expect 2011 to be a realistic date for Signature Home to be available in the Motorola (Ex-Adelphia) area.