rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

2 edits

rv65

Premium Member

Re: [TWC] New HD channels for San Diego

TWC San Diego might deploy the Samsung SMT-H3270 HD-DVR late next week. It's a new DVR with a 320 GB HDD. The bugs that worried the engineering department have now been fixed but there are still some minor issues that also need to be fixed. Those bugs however, they won't delay the deployment. The non DVR cousin the SMT-H3260 is already being deployed. The 3260 and 3270 are quite similar in that they share some hardware and software components. This DVR will be the first new DVR since the 8300 series.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox

You seem to be very informed with regards to SD proper. However, how I can I find out what is happening with regards to the suburbs... like Carlsbad (former Adelphia w/Motorola equipment)?

I have heard nothing regarding SDV or cable box changes. Mind you, what I have works, but new channels don't roll out as frequently up here as we are not using SDV technology... yet?

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

I'll see what I can do.
rv65

rv65 to Flashfox

Premium Member

to Flashfox
TWC San Diego uses Cisco for their SDV solution. The Cisco solution doesn't work on Moto boxes unless they use an overlay system. It's possible to have both SA and Moto boxes on the same networking using an overlay. The overlay system allows them to keep the Moto equipment but be able to run Cisco or Samsung boxes running ODN. The Samsung boxes are Moto compatible as well as SA. It can run either J-Guide or ODN. I don't think the Linux OS supports the Motorola DCT API.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

rv65 the motorola boxes have a special version of linux for the DCT,DCH,and DCX boxes. So yes they could run it. But you would need A25 i-guide.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

2 edits

Flashfox

FYI, I have the DCH6200 (HD) in the master bedroom and DCT6400 (HD-DVR) in the living room.

Motorola870 --> what is A25 i-Guide?

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

1 edit

rv65

Premium Member

The current version of iGuide. A28 is the next revision of it. It's still in beta right now. It will have MoCA and all that Jazz.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

This is what my 3260 says.

SW: v4.2.2.1
Build Date: 2.21.2009
HW: 04
Chip Rev: 74050011
Boot Rom: v1.07
Middleware: v1081
Code Stamp: smtH3270_twc_4221_0220_RLS
ODN: v3.1.1_3 2009/02/05 12:35
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

ASSDV err SDV is down. This time the channels aren't available and if you press A it shows up the banner again! SDV is great when it works but when it doesn't it's bad.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

SDV is back up again.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Still don't know when the Samsung DVR's are going to be available. It might not be for another month or longer. Could be later next week.
Billy Bob80
join:2009-02-27
Staten Island, NY

Billy Bob80

I am waiting like 3 months for them to get to Staten Island, they are in the rest of TWC NYC Footprint, but staten island. I am told when they are finished the testing phase, they will be in SI

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

We've waited for a while for this 3270 to come out. I've had the 3260 since june but due to some unforseen family related circumstances I didn't get to use it until early July.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

I think the new HD channels are coming next month. 4 analogs are going digital. A local Spanish channel might be available on digital on CH. 95 to allow for even more bandwidth. CH. 95 is available on analog but shows a test pattern.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Buy 10 VOD movies get one free. All VOD movies are $3.99 though some are $2.99. The special screening ones are more expensive though.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

The 3260 and 3270 has no Coaxial audio but you can solve that by using a Coax to toslink converter. There is a toslink output if need 5.1 audio.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Once TWC eliminates those 5 analogs then we should have more HD's. I wished all the expanded analogs were digital. Then we wouldn't need SDV and all it's problems.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego proper had a switcharoo for a few clear QAM channels.

XETV is now on CH. 23
CBS is now on 98
KPBS and V-Me is now on 18
KUSI is now on 12

Plus CMT, ShopNBC, HSN, and C-Span 2 will go to the digital intro tier. Digital Intro is Expanded basic plus a box. CH. 95 is an analog test pattern for now. My Samsung box only has a digital tuner so it can't recieve it. SA boxes should be able to receive them since they have digital tuners. XHAS may be going to digital next month to make room for even more HD channels. A bunch of HD channels should be available once they clear up those analogs. One of the SDV test frequencies was analog CH. 60 and 64. This only applies to the SA part of San Diego. Enjoy!
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego just got ODN v3.1.3_2 and the Samsung DVR should be deployed soon. My Samsung 3260 now has SW v4.2.2.2 which means it has the 3270 bugs fixed. The 3270 HD-DVR might just be an awesome DVR.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

The Samsung 3270 HD-DVR is this week to the payment centers. Get one while you can or else it will be until November.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

why november? they could get more in the next two months.

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

I'm hoping to get one as soon as I watch all the recordings on my 8300HDC.
rv65

rv65 to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
I guess thats what their budget allocated for. Only 2000 were ordered.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

TWC San Diego also manages Desert Cities so that could account for that division as well.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

Digital Intro tier is Expanded basic + a box minus any digital tiers. I wonder if those newly relocated analogs will be available via clearQAM. Probably not since the legal notice mentions you'll need a digital STB to view those channels. I could see XHAS going clearQAM though.
rv65

rv65

Premium Member

San Diego had an outage recently but it got fixed.

cuong
@mindspring.com

cuong

Anon

Samsung 3270

Does anyone have a Samsung 3270? I have one, but there is a major glitch of not being able to access On Demand or Start Over features. Called customer service a few times, a technician has been here for a couple of hours, and I've swapped different 3270's 3 times and still get the same error. Error is "Attention The network is temporarily unavailable Please try again later."
Many refreshes and reboots later, nothing has been resolved. Either I got unlucky 3 times or it's affecting all 3270's. I have an 8300HDC as well and VOD works on that with the same connections.
PS I live in San Diego and the Time Warner in Clairemont is fully stocked with 3270's. The warehouse that the technicians get their boxes from are actually all out so you have to go to a payment center yourself to get a 3270.

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

My 3260 gets this error yet I magically can get VOD. Same HW and software as the 3270 but no DVR.

cuong
@mindspring.com

cuong

Anon

What do you do to get VOD? I've tried about 8 different VOD channels and none work. If you have time, can you check your diagnostics page for me? Hold Select for ~8 seconds and press down.
On the first page of the diagnostics page 1 of 14, the first two lines get a red error.
VOD Service Group ID : Unknown or Stale
VOD Service Group Status : SGD Paused

Jut curious if you get that same error. Thanks!
emailboy
join:2009-09-02
San Diego, CA

1 edit

emailboy to rv65

to rv65

Re: [TWC] New HD channels for San Diego

(deleted)