join:2008-08-22
Blairstown, NJ

1 edit

waffleburger to kg4muc

to kg4muc

Re: Embarq CenturyTel Merging

said by kg4muc:

said by Fox McCloud:

Look at CenturyTel's pricing structure; they only offer 256k down and 1.5 megabits down--their 15 megabits down is only available to those (or so it appears to be hinting at) who have FTTH. Worse yet, their 1.5 megabit package? $41.20 a month,

Are you meaning that the only plans we will able to get are the 256 and 1.5?
If that's the case how in the world would they expect to compete with anything other than 2 tin cans and a string ??

If they are that far behind technologically how could they afford to merge with anything.. Those speeds are just a touch above dial up in terms of actual performance!

I hope they at least retain the speed packages that are currently in place! They wouldn't need caps at data rates like these! It would take 2 months to get even close running that slow

No disrespect for the CT employees that "May" benefit fro this but I hope it flops and flops quick!

WT
56k? 1.5M?

not even close.

at least you can game online, download at a reasonable speeds, stream video at 1.5M

at 56k those things are a dream..

im just homing EmBTel runs some fiber in my town... hey, we've got a better chance than with embarq..

kg4muc
Gettin It Done A Little At A Time
join:2003-02-17
Whitetop, VA

kg4muc

said by waffleburger:

said by kg4muc:

[
56k? 1.5M?

not even close.

at least you can game online, download at a reasonable speeds, stream video at 1.5M

at 56k those things are a dream..

im just homing EmBTel runs some fiber in my town... hey, we've got a better chance than with embarq..
I can't speak for everywhere but my pair was provisioned for 1.5 meg as a test back in the summer and I couldn't do anything.. All I could get was time outs when trying to access a page. In theory it should be better than 56K but here it aint..not right now anyway

From what I am seeing the packages are similar to Embarq except more expensive so maybe they will remain as such.

As long as they don't pull sneaky tricks like Comcrap does they may be OK.

WT