spc
Search similar:

uniqs

NetAdmin1
CCNA
join:2008-05-22

NetAdmin1

Nice choice of spokesperson

I have to say, choosing Dolly Parton to talk about whitespace broadband is like picking Brittany Spears to warn people about the "dangers" of the LHC. Neither of them know anything about either issue, but of course clueless people everyone are going to take them seriously because they are famous.

DavePR
join:2008-06-04
Canyon Country, CA

DavePR

Why do you assume Dolly Parton is stupid? She seems to have done quite well for herself.

NetAdmin1
CCNA

NetAdmin1

said by DavePR:

Why do you assume Dolly Parton is stupid? She seems to have done quite well for herself.
Money and success does not always equal intelligence, as demonstrated by Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Michael Jackson... The list goes on. There are plenty of clueless people out there with money and/or fame. But that is neither here nor there, as that was not my point.

My point is that Dolly Parton lacks the qualifications to make a sound argument for or against White Space Devices. Her opinion on the issue is worth about as much as the average Joe's opinion on the issue. And her statements should have NO bearing on policy decisions made at the FCC. It breaks down to her using her position as a public figure to expound on something that she doesn't have the qualifications to be talking about.

DavePR
join:2008-06-04
Canyon Country, CA

DavePR

So you equate "doing well" with making beaucoups bucks?

I meant that she has had a long career as an artist, composer, actor, producer and philanthropist; and just maybe along the way she's used one or two wireless mics.

Look at Joe Walsh, the consumate burnout, who in real life has an Amateur Extra, the highest FCC ham radio license possible.

»wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp ··· y=893189

NetAdmin1
CCNA

NetAdmin1

said by DavePR:

So you equate "doing well" with making beaucoups bucks?
Most people equate "doing well" with being financially well off.