join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to NetAdmin1

Re: support from scofflaws?

said by NetAdmin1:

said by ropeguru:

Not at all... Once Obama is elected, taxes will go up so he can redistribute wealth bring broadband to all.
At least one of the candidates is being somewhat honest about the fact that his programs cost money and that to pay for them, he will have to raise taxes on the people who dodge most of their taxes anyway. McCain will just continue the last eight years of driving the government further into debt, as evidenced by the way he talks about his budget.
But the fact of the matter is that it will be raise don those that hire people to work for them. When this happens, it will just force more companies to downsize and move overseas which will kill the economy even more.

said by NetAdmin1:

Just a side note, both of the candidates suck, so don't mistake me for Obama supporter.
Afraid I have to agree with you there. Can't we just vote none of the above and start over?

NetAdmin1
CCNA

join:2008-05-22

said by ropeguru:

But the fact of the matter is that it will be raise don those that hire people to work for them. When this happens, it will just force more companies to downsize and move overseas which will kill the economy even more.
I have heard that claim made many times - that raising the tax rates on the PERSONAL incomes of CEOs, other overpaid execs and people with high incomes would result force companies to downsize - but have yet to see anyone prove that higher tax rates on PERSONAL income and unemployment rates are linked. I would believe high corporate tax rates might affect employment numbers, but not taxes on personal income.
--
---
Drilling for more oil is akin to giving a methhead the keys to the meth lab.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 edit

said by NetAdmin1:

said by ropeguru:

I have heard that claim made many times - that raising the tax rates on the PERSONAL incomes of CEOs, other overpaid execs and people with high incomes would result force companies to downsize - but have yet to see anyone prove that higher tax rates on PERSONAL income and unemployment rates are linked. I would believe high corporate tax rates might affect employment numbers, but not taxes on personal income.
I wasn't talking only about personal incomes. He stands to raise taxes and put other burdens directly on businesses too. That is where the issue will be in forcing them overseas.

knightmb
Everybody Lies

join:2003-12-01
Franklin, TN

said by ropeguru:

I wasn't talking only about personal incomes. He stands to raise taxes and put other burdens directly on businesses too. That is where the issue will be in forcing them overseas.
Spin on words, you forgot that the raise on taxes for business can be offset by keeping jobs here, good health insurance for employees, and many other tax breaks/perks for the business that would be in the same tax plan, etc. All of which their Accountant/Tax CPA will know about and certainly use come tax time. You should really read in depth of what both candidates want to do because you are just taking one part "he's going to raise taxes" and applying the chicken little sky falling effect to it.
--
Fight NebuAD and the like:
Click Here to pollute their data

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to ropeguru

TOPIC: Dolly Parton Hates White Space Broadband