spc
Search similar:

uniqs

m3rl1n
@compuware.com

m3rl1n

Anon

Never!

The entertainment industry will never prevent piracy or completely stop it. They need to realize that there are a large number of people out there that are far more technologically advanced than they are.

Hell, if they start doing DPI, then pirates will move to using SSL encryption and maybe kerberos.

ShadPTR
join:2008-01-23
Whitby, ON

ShadPTR

said by m3rl1n :

The entertainment industry will never prevent piracy or completely stop it. They need to realize that there are a large number of people out there that are far more technologically advanced than they are.

Hell, if they start doing DPI, then pirates will move to using SSL encryption and maybe kerberos.
I can say the same about all the lawmakers as well, they are antiquated dinosaurs trying to preach to everyone else about their dumbass ideas.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to m3rl1n

MVM

to m3rl1n
said by m3rl1n :

then pirates will move to using SSL encryption
Most popular bittorrent clients have supported encryption. The stronger encryption mode is based on RC4 encryption. SSL is not encryption in and of itself, rather it's the protocol implementation of any one of many different encryption algorithms to create a secure communications layer. So in essence, Bittorrent already has ssl or the equivalent and has had such for some time.
and maybe kerberos.
Huh? Playing security terminology bingo again? Kerberos has nothing to do with securing communications of large amounts of information. It's a authentication protocol for proving your identity across an insecure channel.
cornelius785
join:2006-10-26
Worcester, MA

cornelius785

on the subject of kerberos... i'm guess he was trying to make a stab at some form of key exchange or authentication, but that's a stretch. i'm not familar with ssl, but i would think the entire process would use some sort of authenication, public key algorithm to exchange a session key, and then a private key algorithm to handle the rest.

SmutMan
@blueyonder.co.uk

SmutMan to m3rl1n

Anon

to m3rl1n
said by m3rl1n :

How will kerberos help then Muppet! You might want to know that kerberos is an authentication protocol, not an encryption protocol. Whilst your account might get authenticated securely, the data travels as any other data would.

Time to return to your day job as your technologically challenged.... in the musik industree might we be working?