All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bobytt
join:2007-07-17
Miami Beach, FL

bobytt

I believe AtlanticBB is trhothling P2P??

I think AtlanticBB is trhothling P2P for heavy users. Since one month my speeds got lowered from 11-1.5mbit to 1-5 up to 3mbit. I haven't changed anything in my set up. I was on vacation for like a month , and when i came back the speeds was really bad. I called their CS like 15-20 times. i had 4 times technician at my home , and the only time i had for a while 10mbit and up was during the last visit the guy did something , but 10-15 minutes after he leaved my speed gone bad again..

LiarSenicD
@omcastbusiness.net

LiarSenicD

Anon

hey man same here, i play a lot of games and my pings go up to like 900ms on occasion at random times. i'm beginning to believe its my modem though but i'm unsure.
bobytt
Miami Beach, FL

bobytt

I bought another modem D-link 220 and i have the same problem, so its definitely trhothling from Atlantic.
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn to bobytt

to bobytt
I doubt it. P2P works fine however I do notice that sometimes speed drops about 60% even when no P2P traffic has been present (like just powering on the computer).

My connection should be 8/512 however, right now I'm getting about 3.1/278 (3/256???). This is not the first time I get this but it usually dissapears in the next 2 hours or so.
bobytt
Miami Beach, FL

bobytt

said by fenix_jn:

I doubt it. P2P works fine however I do notice that sometimes speed drops about 60% even when no P2P traffic has been present (like just powering on the computer).

My connection should be 8/512 however, right now I'm getting about 3.1/278 (3/256???). This is not the first time I get this but it usually dissapears in the next 2 hours or so.
So what else that can be? I am fro,m 12/0.5Mbit down to around 3Mbit. when i am using ANY kind of torrents, when i use FTP or http download i got 10-11M
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn

I have no idea. I get the drop even if I'm not using any P2P software.... I read somewhere that those were upgrades of some kind
fenix_jn

fenix_jn to bobytt

to bobytt
My weird connection this afternoon:

bobytt
Miami Beach, FL

bobytt

Good for you... This is all i got , and paying for 12mbit internet...

ScrawnyB
join:2004-05-18
Mechanicsburg, PA

ScrawnyB to bobytt

to bobytt
ABB throttles both P2P and usenet.

Your best bet is to encrypt everything.

I have had the best luck using encrypted usenet on non-standard ports.
bobytt
Miami Beach, FL

bobytt

said by ScrawnyB:

ABB throttles both P2P and usenet.

Your best bet is to encrypt everything.

I have had the best luck using encrypted usenet on non-standard ports.
So you suggest to change the ports and use encryption?
ScrawnyB
join:2004-05-18
Mechanicsburg, PA

ScrawnyB

for P2P? sure...

I use random ports and have connections encrypted where applicable.

I still don't get great rates, but it works?

As far as usenet goes, I'm using UseNetServer with SSL.

With that, I max out my connection, so SSL helps for usenet to say the least.