NOT
Premium Member
join:2005-04-07
Hallandale, FL

1 edit

2 recommendations

nu2this

Premium Member

Energy Drink Chart. Red Bull, Monster, Sex Drive...

Click for full size
Here is a chart that I helped a friend do. This is a chart of the ingredients that are in Sex Drive Energy Drink as compared to that of Red Bull and Monster.

Can you take a look and let me know what you think... edits, adds, changes, deletes, etc...

I posted the sources for Red Bull from there site, and Monster is from wikipedia. Sex Drive is from the can.

any and all comments are appreciated. Some have more of some things and less of others. This isn't completed yet, that is why i am asking for your input.

Thanks

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

What's it for?

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

what's it for? wow... i must have done a really bad job on this chart!

This chart is to compare Sex Drive with the two leading Energy Drinks in todays market. There is not a winner in every category, however, there is one drink that has more then the others in many cases. But on the other hand... some ingredients, such as Glucuronolactone, are viewed as bad ingredients by some. So I am not sure what is good and which are bad.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

You did a great job on the chart, I am curious why you did it.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

2 edits

jjoshua to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
All of that crap is so bad for you. Drink water.

Now what was the question? That's the purpose of the General Question forum - to ask a general question.

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

are you serious... you don't see what I am asking you?

Take a look and let me know what you think... edits, adds, changes, deletes, etc...

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua

Premium Member

said by nu2this:

are you serious... you don't see what I am asking you?
This is a question.
said by nu2this:

Take a look and let me know what you think... edits, adds, changes, deletes, etc...
This is not a question.

sapo
Cruising Down Memory Lane
Premium Member
join:2002-09-16
Sacramento, CA

sapo

Premium Member

Yes it is, hes asking us what we think.

chRoniX10
Peace sells, but who's buying?
Premium Member
join:2004-05-22
Chatsworth, CA

chRoniX10 to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
said by jjoshua:

All of that crap is so bad for you. Drink water.

Now what was the question? That's the purpose of the General Question forum - to ask a general question.
I totally agree, energy drink's taste like shit. Can't beat good old H20.

joama
@rr.com

joama to nu2this

Anon

to nu2this
i dont get the chart either but anyway

why just these 3

what about redbull without sugar, how about the cocaine drink which tastes like the worst shit ever but is so friggin full of caffeine it gave me a huge headache afterwards.

why is the red color for? you have it for 100% and also for 64% for 2 nones but the 1 who is different is not red

41g of sugar, 120 calories ... this is for how much amount of drink???

what is the significance of "refused to state" in another LARGER font?

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to nu2this

MVM

to nu2this
The purpose of this chart seems to be showing what a wonderful drink Sex Drive is. It fails. The main reason that it fails is that all of the highlighted items are in the other two columns leaving one to think that Sex Drive is below average. Another reason is that it is good to be high in some areas, but not in others.

You need to divide the chart into two sections, desirable and undesirable. You need to make Sex Drive seem to be the better drink by giving it the most highlights. You need to highlight everything, because Sex Drives is negative for Calories and Carbs.

BinaryXtreme6
join:2004-04-20
Sparks, NV

4 edits

BinaryXtreme6 to nu2this

to nu2this
Monster is the best tasting all around. Red Bull makes me gag. Bawls is awesome too. I drink one Monster a day.

BTW: your figure on your chart are wrong as you did not distinguish between ounce per drink.

Dude, looking at my Monster label, your chart is a messed up. No guarana in Monster? uh, some coffee and juice flavors don't. You left a lot out and are just plain wrong on others.

Carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, taurine, natural flavors, sodium citrate, l-carnitine, panax ginseng root extract, ascorbic acid, caffeine, sodium chloride, niacinamide, riboflavin, guarana seed extract, inositol, glucuronalactone, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanobalmin

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

1 recommendation

Jahntassa

Premium Member

To add to BinaryXtreme6 See Profile, you don't have a quantity. Are those figures per serving? If so what's the serving.

To do a real comparison, you need to include everything the other two drinks have. Don't just start with what the 'Sex drive' has and show how much of the matching elements the other drinks have. You should include everything they have as well, otherwise it's a jilted chart. (IMO)

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

2 edits

BinaryXtreme6

Per 8 ounces on my post.

Spicolli
join:2002-08-03
Saint Paul, MN

Spicolli to nu2this

to nu2this
I normally don't like energy drinks except ones that have juice like rockstar juiced. I agree the chart is not clear enough

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

1 edit

Cabal to BinaryXtreme6

Premium Member

to BinaryXtreme6
Low-carb Monster > *. Sugar-free Rock Star is good, too.

Tychicus
Children are our most precious resource
Premium Member
join:2002-01-18
Helena, MT

Tychicus to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
Just eat a salad with a balanced meal and have a couple of cups of mud.

The best thing you can do is to stay away from processed sugar.

Then take all the money you did not waste and buy a new plasma tv or something at the end of the year.

james16
join:2001-02-26

1 edit

james16 to nu2this

to nu2this
You might want to say the serving sizes for the various drinks, especially considering a can of Red Bull is about 1/4 the size of a can of Monster.

You don't have to make changes in the calculations to normalize the serving sizes if you dont want to, but it's a possible way to "lie with statistics" if you have a result you want. So you can either say "per serving" and state the serving sizes that the cans list, or you can say "per ml" and do all the calculations.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
No-Fear would be a good addition. A lot of people I know swear by it, personally it's the best I've had especially compared to redbull and monster.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
How can red bull have 28g of total carbs and 41g of sugar.

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6 to Cabal

to Cabal
Gotta love the low-carb Monster.
Storage_Guy
join:2006-04-30
Benton Harbor, MI

Storage_Guy to nu2this

to nu2this
Excellent chart, but the facts that you are using are from Malaysia. Here is what a US can of Red Bull has in it. »www.nutritiondata.com/fa ··· s/7399/2

Mercurybird
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
Hooks, TX

Mercurybird to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
No one who drinks these things is going to give a salad or a bottle of water a second glance.

Who even knows what some of those ingredients are or what they do to your system over the long haul. Just because it's sold on the open market doesn't mean it's good for you.

Drinking that stuff, at least the sex drive drink, is gambling with your health in some minor way, seems to me. Might as well smoke blunts too while you're at it. Again, blunts would be gambling with your health too.
DMWCincy
join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

DMWCincy

said by Mercurybird:

Drinking that stuff, at least the sex drive drink, is gambling with your health in some minor way, seems to me. Might as well smoke blunts too while you're at it. Again, blunts would be gambling with your health too.
Isn't some energy drinks illegal to sell in some places in Europe? Seem to remember a few kids dropping over from drinking a few of them before a soccer game leaving them over dehydrated.

As mention eat better and drink H2O.

fcisler
Premium Member
join:2004-06-14
Riverhead, NY

fcisler to Mercurybird

Premium Member

to Mercurybird
said by Mercurybird:

No one who drinks these things is going to give a salad or a bottle of water a second glance.
Wow, that's a broad generalization. I try and eat at least one or two large bowls of salad a week, thank you.
said by Mercurybird:

Who even knows what some of those ingredients are or what they do to your system over the long haul. Just because it's sold on the open market doesn't mean it's good for you.
The same can be said for every commercial drug on the shelves right now. Whats your point?
said by Mercurybird:

Wow....very apples to apples comparison. Oh wait - marijuana is illegal. So no, it's not the same thing. I can't even fathom how someone would provide this comparison.

I guess you've never been tired at work? Every once and a while when I'm feeling sluggish at work, I'll drink a Monster. It's good for around 4+ hours of a little kick. There's also another alternate effect - In about 4 1/2 - 5hrs, you "crash". IOW: If I drink it at around noon, by the time I get home I can lay down and take a nap. It's not gonna keep me up all night. That's me, though. I know other people who it WILL keep up all night.

To the OP: Which monster? There's green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, and assault. There's also irish, white russian, and several others... I haven't heard of sex drive, but I'll go try it now.

mr_slick
join:2003-05-22
Lynnwood, WA

mr_slick to nu2this

to nu2this
like others have said, without stating the serving size (preferably making them the same for all three) the chart is meaningless.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
When you say "REFUSED TO STATE" does this mean you asked the makers of this product or is this chemical omitted from the can label?

"REFUSED TO STATE" sounds like you are trying to push something or there's some sort of argument perhaps.

If it's not labeled on the can, maybe NA is more suitable.

just a suggestion.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
I enjoy a Red Bull once every other month or so. I like the way they taste. It's usually my treat for a long road trip.

However, as has been proven over and over, energy drinks are absolutely, positively terrible for you. Those drinks are not tested or regulated by the FDA. Mixing all those energy boosters with another batch of unproven extracts is simply irresponsible. If you've ever taken any of the extract in sexdrive by themselves you'll know exactly what I mean. I can't imagine them all mixed together. That drink it going to send a kid into cardiac arrest soon. I guarantee it.

Ok, now that I'm off my soapbox, it looks to me like you're trying to prove that Red Bull and Monster are BETTER than Sexdrive. I'd leave all the text in black and highlight the stats for Sexdrive that are better in red if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

hopeflicker to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
You know, i can never get a straight answer from anyone on this site regarding the health benefits of these NRG drinks.

No one ever says if they are good/bad for you.

CajunWon
join:2005-12-30
Cary, NC

CajunWon to nu2this

to nu2this
Curious how they get the extract from a horny goat's weed?

Never mind: I withdraw the question.

Seriously though, if you need this stuff then dump your current SO and find one more suitable. No drink needed.