Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN

[DD-WRT] Which one do I download for micro?

Ok my first question is, will the dd-wrt micro let me see how much bandwidth I'm using? If so is it on wireless and LAN or just lan?

The other thing..Which one do I need? I have the wrt54g V5 router ..but not sure which one to pick from here: »www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/d···ads.html

Once I download whatever one it is..I heard it resets everything in the router..it took me forever to setup that damn router..

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Callcentric

others eko v24_TNG is what I recommend... Everyone here talks about "production" if you got a "cafe" and your entire business relys on the linksys to be up 24hrs a day... than I'd call BrainSlayer personally and pay him some cash for support... otherwise use the latest beta code... and update often...

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ztmike

Click for full size
pic 1 (WAN status tab)
Click for full size
pic 2 (Bandwidth status tab)
said by ztmike:

Once I download whatever one it is..I heard it resets everything in the router..it took me forever to setup that damn router..
Unfortunately yes, your settings will be lost (as the firmware will have been completely replaced). Make screen shots/printouts of the relevant settings, you will have to reconfigure your router.

Starting with version 5 of the WRT54G, Linksys switched operating systems to VxWorks which is not directly compatible with DD-WRT, as such you MUST follow the specific instructions from DD-WRT's website for the upgrade. See »www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Ve···ormation for details.

Finally (I don't run micro so that version could be different), DD-WRT will track daily WAN traffic (pic 1) and graph WAN/LAN/WLAN traffic in real time updating every second (pic 2). However the real time data is not saved (I believe it is possible to send data to a log server). The WAN graph (as the screen shot suggests) tracks bandwidth for several months.
--
...A bitter ray of sunshine

harpsj

join:2008-06-22
Brandon, MB

yes, micro has that function