uniqs
share rss forum feed

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2

HR2x receivers......

When they first came out, I tried my best to avoid upgrading from my trusty HR10 DirecTivo box, for fear it would lack the features. But they just keep adding more options to the HR2x line.

I would not be at all surprised if they add a hulu like option, but I suspect it will be similar to the network media player option - capable, but limited to SD.
--
Intel Q6600 @3400Mhz/GA-EP35-DS3P/2x 2048Mb G.Skill/Seagate 750.10/EVGA 8800GT's SLI/Silverstone 850W/Custom water cooler

GhostDoggy

join:2005-05-11
Duluth, GA
You're kidding me. They cannot even allow you to stream video recorded on one HR21/22 to another HR21/22 in the same household and on the same network. I'm seriously doubting its a technological limitation and more a political condition.

Of course, if this has changed then my ignorance is doing be a nicely this morning.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
said by GhostDoggy:

You're kidding me. They cannot even allow you to stream video recorded on one HR21/22 to another HR21/22 in the same household and on the same network. I'm seriously doubting its a technological limitation and more a political condition.

Of course, if this has changed then my ignorance is doing be a nicely this morning.
streaming just came out so that may come at a later date. I want to see streaming to NON Drv HD boxes.

radougherty

join:1999-07-23
Austin, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to GhostDoggy
said by GhostDoggy:

While you can't do this now, DirecTV has said they would have a 'whole house DVR' solution. They've so far added the capability to stream video/audio/JPEG from a PC to the DVR, now stream from the DVR to the PC. The best guesses are that the next step would be the DVR to DVR streaming.