uniqs

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

[request] Add partial IP address to Group Line Monitor results

Suggest that the first two octets of the IP address subject to line monitoring be displayed for group line monitor results.

Example: VZ FiOS has at least 3 new IP address ranges, and forum members are posting troubles ranging from latency to slow speeds and even outages. Some of these issues may be related to the address range, and it may be easier and quicker to discern the nature of the problem and how widespread it may be by being able to see at least part of the address that is being monitored.

I know that line monitors can be dynamic. So the results should show the current address under test. A new IP address will be displayed when the page is loaded again, or refreshed.

This post is a good example of how IP can help. »[northeast] Intermittent Internet in Chester County PA ?

I realize there are some who would have issues with having a full IP address posted. That's why I think the first two octets would be helpful without inviting security or privacy concerns.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

Re: Add partial IP address to Group Line Monitor results

*SIGN* I know the frustrations of getting a "bad IP" and could be beneficial to troubleshooting.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to birdfeedr

MVM

to birdfeedr
*sign* having same issues. Would be useful.

KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

KCrimson

Premium Member

*Sign* - also having the same issue.

I'd like to add that the group line monitors here at DSLR are a tremendous resource, and I'd like to thank Justin and the mods for their efforts in keeping the service going.

Another suggestion - currently the only geographic identifier is a map which shows the outline of the state and the borders of the counties within that state. I'm sure I'm not alone in not being able to identify every state by shape (especially without being able to see where it "fits" next to nearby states!). Is it possible to show the city and/or state by name in addition to the map?

the monkey
Premium Member
join:2000-10-08
New York, NY

the monkey to birdfeedr

Premium Member

to birdfeedr
*sign*

Mark Z
Premium Member
join:2002-10-14

Mark Z to birdfeedr

Premium Member

to birdfeedr
*SIGN*

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to birdfeedr

Premium Member

to birdfeedr
*Sign*

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

1 recommendation

justin to birdfeedr

Mod

to birdfeedr
this is implemented.

KCrimson
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson

Premium Member

Thanks very much.

Any chance of getting the State or municipality listed along with the map?

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

yeah I can do that as well.

KCrimson
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson

Premium Member

Great! I was just looking over what you've already added - its working great. The sort and the IP addresses are working perfectly. Thanks again.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to justin

MVM

to justin
Excellent! Thank you very much.

Another tool in the toolbox.