dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: How Much Will A Leak In the Manifold Intake Cost Me?

said by CylonRed:

Seems to me that determination can only be done after a few years and not a few months. You have no idea what might come down the pike next year or 2 years from now.

I loved my Subaru's when I had them but after having my Civic a LOT longer and with fewer issues - it is the best car i have ever owned. I don't do that designation for at least 5 years.
To be frank, we're 6 months in, and I've had zero issues with the Acadia.

My Grand Am was in the shop for at least 4 different items by now.
Even our Nissan Altima was in the shop by now.

The Acadia? Nothing.

When I say "best car", I don't mean just from a reliability point of view. From a veratility/comfort/luxury point of view, it blows away all of our previous vehicles. The Altima was a decked out model (3.5 SL), and the Acadia -still- blows it away.

Obviously it takes time to establish a reliability factor ... but I'm happier with the Acadia now than I was with any of our previous vehicles at this point.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

said by CylonRed:

Seems to me that determination can only be done after a few years and not a few months. You have no idea what might come down the pike next year or 2 years from now.

I loved my Subaru's when I had them but after having my Civic a LOT longer and with fewer issues - it is the best car i have ever owned. I don't do that designation for at least 5 years.
To be frank, we're 6 months in, and I've had zero issues with the Acadia.

My Grand Am was in the shop for at least 4 different items by now.
Even our Nissan Altima was in the shop by now.

The Acadia? Nothing.

When I say "best car", I don't mean just from a reliability point of view. From a veratility/comfort/luxury point of view, it blows away all of our previous vehicles. The Altima was a decked out model (3.5 SL), and the Acadia -still- blows it away.

Obviously it takes time to establish a reliability factor ... but I'm happier with the Acadia now than I was with any of our previous vehicles at this point.
I just bought a new 2009 Maxima recently and took it for a quick trip to Indiana, Ohio, Missouri and back. A very sophisticated car, a very nice ride and hopefully will also be really reliable. Of course my daily driver is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned (Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab), and I would not hesitate to drive it any distance even with 180K miles.