Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to jammmin

Premium Member

to jammmin

Re: Signal dropping on Actiontech Router

Personally, I have no idea why people complain about the Actiontec's wireless capability.

I have mine in a 4 bedroom 2-story house. I can pick up the signal in the office (where it originates), downstairs, in the basement, even out in the backyard (during the warm months).

Obviously your location will impact results, but I know my router works pretty damn good.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL

Phil

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

even out in the backyard (during the warm months).
But not during the cold months?

germ
join:2006-09-30
Long Beach, CA

2 edits

germ to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Personally, I have no idea why people complain about the Actiontec's wireless capability.

I have mine in a 4 bedroom 2-story house. I can pick up the signal in the office (where it originates), downstairs, in the basement, even out in the backyard (during the warm months).

Obviously your location will impact results, but I know my router works pretty damn good.
I've been nothing but happy with the ActionTec's WiFi too. I think it's just prejudice against something people perceive as cheaply made because it's a free product with their service. I'm especially happy that the firmware runs on Linux it should help with stability.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actiontec

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by germ:

I think it's just prejudice against something people perceive as cheaply made because it's a free product with their service. I'm especially happy that the firmware runs on Linux it should help with stability.
I don't think everyone that has had a problem with the router has a prejudice. Many of them don't even know what a router is.

I can't speak for others but in my case I ran the AT and the Linksys side by side and tried to connect using two different laptops with different chipsets and OS. The AT would always fail before the Linksys. Certainly there are a lot of variables that will come into play but it's not just a figment of someones imagination. (at least not always )