All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to Vamp

to Vamp

Re: How Much Will A Leak In the Manifold Intake Cost Me?

said by Vamp:

I'd still avoid using Dexcool as it is said to cause that (and IMO is true, in addition to the plastic gasket being junk).
Really? How do you explain that only the older version of the GM 60 degree V6 (3100, 3400) has that problem when all other GM engines since 1996 have been using DexCool?

BTW, to the OP, you need to check out »www.gmcanadiansettlement.ca for information on how to claim those repairs from GM, who have settled a class action lawsuit on the LIM gasket.

Jason13
@rogers.com

Jason13

Anon

BAD NEWS: After spending nearly $700 on this GM crap car it is STILL leaking anti-freeze. Fresh big puddle of green water on my parking spot. I left my Venture minivan with my mechanic who was dumbfounded, will find out tomorrow what is happening.
said by IamGimli See Profile

BTW, to the OP, you need to check out »www.gmcanadiansettlement.ca for information on how to claim those repairs from GM, who have settled a class action lawsuit on the LIM gasket.
[/BQUOTE :

Thanks buddy, that's what my mechanic told me, tonight I'm clicking on this site and submitting my $700 bill, well make that $1,400 because my manifold is toast again it seems after just 3 days

Razzy2
join:2002-10-29

Razzy2

I am willing to bet your mechanic didn't fix it right the first (second?) time...