how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jaw2012

join:2008-08-01
King Of Prussia, PA

Existing Customers - Movie Ticket free for a Month

I just spoke with my local (thats PA) Verizon billing office, and he told me that all existing customers can get the Movie Ticket free for a month. Thats all the movie channels, Starz, Showtime, Hbo and Cinemax. Just call.

Not sure if this was shared already, but enjoy.

keyboards

join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

1 edit
said by jaw2012:

I just spoke with my local (thats PA) Verizon billing office, and he told me that all existing customers can get the Movie Ticket free for a month. Thats all the movie channels, Starz, Showtime, Hbo and Cinemax. Just call.

Not sure if this was shared already, but enjoy.
With what commitment? I doubt that Verizon is just giving everyone free movies for a month out of the goodness of their heart.

EDIT - And is it an opt-in or opt-out at the end of the month?
--
REMEMBER: Stupidity should be painful !!

JohnA
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

Opt out. Verizon is always opt out, AFAIK.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
reply to jaw2012
I already get all the movie channels, i'd settle for a properly working HD DVR

jaw2012

join:2008-08-01
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to jaw2012
No commitment. I guess it's a promo for the "movie ticket". At least for me I was given it for free for a month with no commitment. Call and ask.

hbgpatv

join:2008-06-18
Camp Hill, PA
reply to jaw2012
I just got FiOSTV last week and got HBO/MAX free for a month, I'd feel kind of funny calling and asking for more free channels but if it works...

elizar

@verizon.net
reply to jaw2012
Just got this promotion today after calling for some questions about the last bill. Asked and was told, flat out, that this is opt-in. It will automatically go away at the end of 30 days.

LILGTO

@verizon.net
reply to jaw2012
Ok, I'll bite.....if you already have the package will you get charged this month or will it be free????
Must you call n to get a free preview????
And.... if you already get it, and with a discounted price, will you lose the discount after the free preview?

Tune in tomorrow ....same bat time....same bat channel!

airdale123

join:2008-01-27
Keller, TX
reply to jaw2012
Information is absolutely correct! I was given a FREE month of HBO just 2 weeks ago and I called today to see what the expiration date was on the FREE month of HBO. The
Customer Service agent asked me if I was enjoying HBO and I told her that I am not sure because I have not seen the rest of the Movie Channels. The Customer Service agent said she was giving me another FREE month of ALL the Movie Channels. I asked her is this a "promo" and she said its for anyone that wants to try out the Movie Channels. So folks, just call, its FREE for a month. The breakdown on "costs" after the one Free month will be as follows:
1. All movie channels $30.00
2. HBO and Cinemax $21.99
3. Starz and Showtime $ 14.99

hbgpatv

Camp Hill, PA
said by airdale123:

Information is absolutely correct! I was given a FREE month of HBO just 2 weeks ago and I called today to see what the expiration date was on the FREE month of HBO. The
Customer Service agent asked me if I was enjoying HBO and I told her that I am not sure because I have not seen the rest of the Movie Channels. The Customer Service agent said she was giving me another FREE month of ALL the Movie Channels. I asked her is this a "promo" and she said its for anyone that wants to try out the Movie Channels. So folks, just call, its FREE for a month. The breakdown on "costs" after the one Free month will be as follows:
1. All movie channels $30.00
2. HBO and Cinemax $21.99
3. Starz and Showtime $ 14.99
Well thanks for the info!! What's the best number to call for their customer service?

airdale123

join:2008-01-27
Keller, TX
reply to jaw2012
Just call 1-888-553-1555 and "hit" the options button for Billing on the Voice Activated machines.

yellowdoggy

@verizon.net
reply to jaw2012
Beware that it took me 2 calls to stop HBO the last time it was free for a month. I will not do that again.

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX
reply to jaw2012
Just be sure to keep an eye on your bill after the "free" period ends. They always tell you things which rarely happen. I've found that one month free of their things often results in many hours of frustration trying to get rid of it later.

hbgpatv

Camp Hill, PA
reply to airdale123
said by airdale123:

Just call 1-888-553-1555 and "hit" the options button for Billing on the Voice Activated machines.
Thanks so much! I called in and it worked. One thing, however, got some conflicting info here - I was told that I *would* have to call in on December 10th and cancel it.

scla

join:2006-05-19
Beaumont, CA
reply to jaw2012
Seen a commercial on this. $30 all movie package + 1st month free

billingissues

@verizon.net
reply to jaw2012
Don 't do it it's a trap you sign up and it takes 20 call 10 hrs and billing gets all messed up and takes months to correct.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ
kudos:2
reply to yellowdoggy
Me too I had to pay for it. The next billing cycle I got a credit.
Lee

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to scla
said by scla:

Seen a commercial on this. $30 all movie package + 1st month free
$30 is the normal price in case you didn't already know.

VAGuy

@comcast.net
reply to jaw2012
Yep, I got this offer when I switched to Extreme HD. I also got an offer for a free DVR for three months.

Since I'm saving $30 under the new bundle (and was already paying for HBO+Movies), I'll be keeping both for sure.

Grover

@verizon.net
reply to jaw2012
[NYC] i called the 1888 number and they added it, free 30 days hbo/cinemax/showtime/ifc etc... they offered 20/20 for $5 bucks more, i should have said yes