spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RHconcerns
@Sun.COM

RHconcerns

Anon

unauthorized 1394 bridge

Does anyone know whether MS is establishing these 1394 bridges without my permission?

I noticed a new MS banner with shopping and other stuff and then I noticed the bridge and 1394. I'm a newbie, so since I didn't set this up, either I'm being hacked or MS did it.

The only other thing I've set up is a Thunderbird connect to my work's email and VPN to hook up with work. I have comcast internet.

Any thoughts? -RHconcerns
jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers
join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS

jimbopalmer

IEEE 1394 is also known as Firewire or iLink, is a port often used for digital video.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IE ··· nterface
If your PC has such a port, Windows XP will decide you want to use it for networking. You almost never do, so you can safely disable the bridge in networking.

RHconcerns
@Sun.COM

RHconcerns

Anon

thanks Jimbo. As soon as I get home, I'm deleting it. Jerks. There's too much privacy invasion, security issues, and identify theft going on. -ruth
jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers
join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS

jimbopalmer to RHconcerns

to RHconcerns
You should be able to right click and disable it, no need to delete it.

Greg_Z
Premium Member
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL

Greg_Z to RHconcerns

Premium Member

to RHconcerns
There is no way to delete it, unless you physically remove said hardware from the machine. Unless you have something connected to the Firewire port on said machine, nothing will happen.

As for the Banner and other stuff, are you talking about Pop-ups, or just a banner showing on websites that you visit?