[WotLK] link to download game client

anyone know where its up for download?

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar

Premium Member

Be careful. I hear most sites advertising WOTLK game client are keyloggers.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546
Blizzard is not putting it up for 'official' download anytime soon.

If you see the client up for download somewhere, please be careful.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

There's a file that you can obtain from worldofwarcraft.com, however it appears Blizzard shut off the pipes.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546
yep the offical one got cut off.

no clue why its bad for people to be seeding the blizzard torrent though, just think they cant do anythign with that data till they get their CDkey and the switch is thrown

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546
I'll be putting up the ISO of the install DVD but I'm just doing it for some guildmates that are in countries in South America that wouldn't be able to get the game for atleast a month. Heck, I have a few copies of the game pre-ordered to send them the cd-key.
Expand your moderator at work

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium Member
join:2001-08-29
way way out

P Ness to Tokidoki

Premium Member

to Tokidoki

Re: [WotLK] link to download game client

Btw torrents are not illegal since blizzard uses them to distribute the game...and you need a CD key to play the game....

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

said by P Ness:

Btw torrents are not illegal since blizzard uses them to distribute the game...and you need a CD key to play the game....
Hm?

quickbeam
Premium Member
join:2003-06-01

quickbeam to P Ness

Premium Member

to P Ness
said by P Ness:

So....Blizzard will not be using torrent technology to distro patches anymore?

I don't think that is correct.

usk546
Premium Member
join:2003-02-19
Nicholasville, KY

usk546

Premium Member

you can download it from account management

Niwroc
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

Niwroc to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546
Anyone find a link for the US version, let me know. American living in Europe, the Military store under ordered this and in 2 mins was sold out, my brohter is going to buy me a game and email me the code, I need the software!

Thanks,

way2evil
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
New York, NY

way2evil

Premium Member

»www.worldofwarcraft.com/ ··· lWoW.exe

US PC version...enjoy

Niwroc
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

Niwroc to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546
Will download as soon as I get home.

For those who may need a key, here is a link / site I've used in the past and are very reliable.

»www.shatteredcrystal.com/

Stuu
@btcentralplus.com

Stuu to way2evil

Anon

to way2evil
»www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/···lWoW.exe

US PC version...enjoy

is this the US version of WOTLK or just plain old WoW?

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork to usk546

to usk546
said by usk546:
you can download it from account management
That's how I did it. It downloads a small installer app which then downloads the actual 1.x GB file. It downloaded at about 3Mbps on average so it was pretty smooth. It did not seem to use the "bit torrent" type of thing as it usually does for patches.

CannibleLector
@auab.centaf.af.mil

CannibleLector to usk546

Anon

to usk546
Can anyone recommend a reliable site to buy a Euro key?

Thx

P Ness
Premium Member
way way out

P Ness to quickbeam

Premium Member

to quickbeam

said by quickbeam:

said by P Ness:

So....Blizzard will not be using torrent technology to distro patches anymore?

I don't think that is correct.
not illegal

notice the Not part...

it was because i posted a link to the torrent and i was told it was bad...even tho its not stealing because you have to buy a key to play....but mods are a tad bit over jellous.

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546
Did you link a torrent that came from Blizzard or from 3rd party torrent site? There are obvious reasons why it was deleted if it was the latter.
Tehuno
join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

they have let people post links to 3rd party sites for patches before, not sure why the expansion(aka a big patch) would be any different.
Like P Ness said, the client is useless without a key, no one is "stealing" anything.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to usk546

to usk546
I think there's a huge difference between linking to patches from legitimate sites, like »www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors versus linking to torrents on sites with unauthorized patches or full clients. Especially, when links to such sites housing mostly illegitimate torrents are not permitted here.

pp03
join:2002-06-13

2 edits

pp03

See below, thanks slc worked like a charm :P
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr to usk546

Premium Member

to usk546

»www.worldofwarcraft.com/ ··· ade.html

is working, same price as retail.

P Ness
Premium Member
way way out

1 edit

P Ness to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

I think there's a huge difference between linking to patches from legitimate sites, like »www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors versus linking to torrents on sites with unauthorized patches or full clients. Especially, when links to such sites housing mostly illegitimate torrents are not permitted here.
i think its a tad different since you still have to buy a box/cd key in order to PLAY. The harm is Zero.

there are lots of players who's can get a key on line instantly with many email services but cannot get a client for weeks.

If you need a link to a working client download let me know, i know there are some of you overseas that need it let me know and i will send you a linky...that is if you need it and the blizzard one shuts down again or does not work for you...

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

It's more of a concern for "you never know what you get" with sites like TPB. You can never know what happens if you download the file...what if you get a trojan even if the download looks harmless?

Anony8
join:2008-11-21
Croatia

3 edits

Anony8 to Tokidoki

to Tokidoki

Here's the link for the download: »www.worldofwarcraft.com/ ··· lWoW.exe
It supports World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King download.

P Ness
Premium Member
way way out

P Ness to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

Every one of those patch mirrors you just linked is unauthorized...BTW no different then the torrents....some of them are actually links to the torrent files.

"DISCLAIMER: Patch mirrors are neither guaranteed to be working, nor to be virus or trojan free!
* WoWWiki cannot be held responsible for any damage these files may cause to your computer. USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK."