uniqs

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool to mkanet

Premium Member

to mkanet

Re: Do service techs use Trilithic 860 DSPs?

said by mkanet:

Yes, I know it does suck having to deal with subs at a technical capacity; but tech also need to face the fact some subs are also highly technical in other professions in networking (troubleshooting T1,T3,DS3 and other circuits Cisco routed WANs; and that can offer good suggestions or at least know whats really going on.
Its actually refreshing not having to dumb things down.
But there is a difference between "technical" and condescending.

And yes, Ive found bad routers, ill configured computers and botched DIY jobs by "engineers" and any other title they so boastfully throw at me.
I dont call them morons however.
mkanet
join:2008-06-11
Vallejo, CA

mkanet

I wasn't going to bother replying to your opinion since it didnt seem to help answer any questions constructively like the other person did.

But, just to clarify I said originally I was "afraid they might send a completely moron to troubleshoot a problem that's over their head; wasting my time"... and, unfortunately, based on my experience, some of the tech aren't really qualified to handle anything other than tighen cables. replace bad connectors, cable boxes; particularly contractors; which are usually best suited for new installs.
said by CableTool:

said by mkanet:

Yes, I know it does suck having to deal with subs at a technical capacity; but tech also need to face the fact some subs are also highly technical in other professions in networking (troubleshooting T1,T3,DS3 and other circuits Cisco routed WANs; and that can offer good suggestions or at least know whats really going on.
Its actually refreshing not having to dumb things down.

And yes, Ive found bad routers, ill configured computers and botched DIY jobs by "engineers" and any other title they so boastfully throw at me.

CableTool
Premium Member

CableTool

Premium Member

said by mkanet:

But, just to clarify I said originally I was "afraid they might send a completely moron to troubleshoot a problem that's over their head; wasting my time"... and, unfortunately, based on my experience, some of the tech aren't really qualified to handle anything other than tighen cables. replace bad connectors, cable boxes
I wish I could understand that stance. It is true there are different levels of skill when it comes to most industrys. And with the recent rapid advances and demand in the cable industry hiring is still at full throttle even in this economy. The rookies outnumber the veterens in most shops.

I just hope when you were staring out your education and practice with your proffesion that someone wasnt standing behind you calling you a moron.
mkanet
Vallejo, CA

mkanet

That's exactly my point. I dont have that problem; as in my current profession, I train lesser experienced engineers with the skillset they need to know; with the communications skills to talk to the person in a mannor they understand at any capacity. CableTool, no offense, but you wouldnt make it too far if you were one of my trainees. While others are providing useful info in this thread, you keep ranting with comments that dont help in this thread. Get over it.
said by CableTool:

said by mkanet:

But, just to clarify I said originally I was "afraid they might send a completely moron to troubleshoot a problem that's over their head; wasting my time"... and, unfortunately, based on my experience, some of the tech aren't really qualified to handle anything other than tighen cables. replace bad connectors, cable boxes
I wish I could understand that stance. It is true there are different levels of skill when it comes to most industrys. And with the recent rapid advances and demand in the cable industry hiring is still at full throttle even in this economy. The rookies outnumber the veterens in most shops.

I just hope when you were staring out your education and practice with your proffesion that someone wasnt standing behind you calling you a moron.

CableTool
Premium Member

CableTool

Premium Member

said by mkanet:

That's exactly my point. I dont have that problem; as in my current profession, I train lesser experienced engineers with the skillset they need to know; with the communications skills to talk to the person in a mannor they understand at any capacity. CableTool, no offense, but you wouldnt make it too far if you were one of my trainees. While others are providing useful info in this thread, you keep ranting with comments that dont help in this thread. Get over it.

I think anyone reading this thread understands where Im coming from and would most likely view your demeanor in the same way. I really feel no need to defend my perception.

Saying you do not want a "moron" in your home is umwarranted, mean spirited and condescending. If you cannot see that then I truly feel sorry for those around you and those that have to deal with you. This thread included.
mkanet
Vallejo, CA

mkanet

In case you havent noticed, the only difference between your repeated opinionated responses and what others have to say (who are actually providing helpful technical information) are that you keep focusing on something specific I said which you're taking personally; it appears in this case "the shoe fits".. and, sorry if you took personal offense to that. Experienced techs know how to deal with all sorts of customers without provocation; whether the sub is right, wrong, cocky, high aptitude for technology, etc. I'm kindly asking you to quit trolling in this thread if there's no further technical information you can add.
said by CableTool:

said by mkanet:

I think anyone reading this thread understands where Im coming from and would most likely view your demeanor in the same way. I really feel no need to defend my perception.

Saying you do not want a "moron" in your home is umwarranted, mean spirited and condescending. If you cannot see that then I truly feel sorry for those around you and those that have to deal with you. This thread included.

egnlsn
Premium Member
join:2003-09-26
Salt Lake City, UT

egnlsn to CableTool

Premium Member

to CableTool
said by CableTool:

I once had an electrical engineer tell me his box was bad (it obviously was dead). Flipped on the light switch by the door and the "dead" box sure was giving good pictures.