All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Phugg
join:2004-09-30
Riverbank, CA

Phugg to mkanet

to mkanet

Re: Do service techs use Trilithic 860 DSPs?

The N Bay system is a great wealth of knowledge. They have consistantly been in the top of all metrics for years. Yes they carry DSams (860s I think). Your call got escalated to Maint/Network which means the issue was outside the drop to your home. More than likely the tech will not even come to your door. If protocol is the same , they will start outside at your tap and work backwards. Standard techs (like myself) do not go as deep as you would like, we look at a good range of signal to check for issues. We do not have the time to analyze every single haystack. We can and will check for slope and streangth between a given low freq and a given high freq , with many points in between.

As for the attitude , we are used to them (the techs). People still have the " Cable Guy" mentality and do not realize what is actually involved in the industry now. I have seen people come an go for 12 years now. It seems that if you are not willing to learn the technology then you are not willing to be employed. (At the company level , not contract). I have had to work on CEO's homes in Danville who swear theat "everything is perfect I paid for it to be that way" and everything was poop.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool

Premium Member

Way more diplomatic...

To add and close, to come on a forum and ask for a technicians response to a question and then close by calling their co-workers morons is at the very least- In poor taste and poor character. And if in retrospect that isnt obvious then Ive wasted 8 minutes of my life on this thread.
mkanet
join:2008-06-11
Vallejo, CA

mkanet to Phugg

to Phugg
Thanks Phugg, you experience shows; and, provided the best response I could ask for.

Thanks again.
said by Phugg:

The N Bay system is a great wealth of knowledge. They have consistantly been in the top of all metrics for years. Yes they carry DSams (860s I think). Your call got escalated to Maint/Network which means the issue was outside the drop to your home. More than likely the tech will not even come to your door. If protocol is the same , they will start outside at your tap and work backwards. Standard techs (like myself) do not go as deep as you would like, we look at a good range of signal to check for issues. We do not have the time to analyze every single haystack. We can and will check for slope and streangth between a given low freq and a given high freq , with many points in between.

As for the attitude , we are used to them (the techs). People still have the " Cable Guy" mentality and do not realize what is actually involved in the industry now. I have seen people come an go for 12 years now. It seems that if you are not willing to learn the technology then you are not willing to be employed. (At the company level , not contract). I have had to work on CEO's homes in Danville who swear theat "everything is perfect I paid for it to be that way" and everything was poop.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

1 edit

CableTool

Premium Member

I didnt take anything personally. Ive been doing this for 14 years and have teams under me and treat all customers with respect. Its a shame the opposite doesnt hold true.
Expand your moderator at work