spc
Search similar:

uniqs
andreyvul
join:2008-11-17
Thornhill, ON

andreyvul

http upload problems

Using speedtest.net, I have a download speed of ~4000. However, the upload portion has a very large lag and results in an upload speed of ~35 (dialup!).

I don't know if this is related, but HTTP POST requests (like forum registration) time out or simply don't work. Facebook is unusable due to server connection being reset _every time_.

My uploads are not broken as ktorrent has upload speeds >80 kbps.
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

1 edit

bridge

Can you post your modem stat? it's probably because your profil is not like it's supposed to be 5056 ds and 800 us and we need to see you line attenuation and margin, All you have to do is plug your modem on your computer and enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 depending on what kind of modem you have( if it's Acanac modem it's 192.168.1.1 and under st6at you should find modem stat)

And you can also come in »community.acanac.com/aca ··· ndex.php it will be faster than here thanks
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre to andreyvul

Premium Member

to andreyvul
also, depending of what modem/router you are using, you may need to adjust the MTU value... MTU should be set to 1492... lower value may work better for you.
andreyvul
join:2008-11-17
Thornhill, ON

andreyvul

I've narrowed the problem to my SMC 7004VBR router. Somehow, it's breaking connections between itself and the Aztech modem.
And no, it doesn't have bridge mode.
andreyvul

andreyvul

Anyways, I have a D-Link 5-port switch so problem solved.
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge to andreyvul

to andreyvul
I'm glad everything worked out for you.