Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to dynodb

Premium Member

to dynodb

Re: Another one bites the dust

said by dynodb:

Yet another Muni bites the dust. Is there a list somewhere of failed municipal broadband initiatives, or would it be too long to fit on one page?

Of course the next time a state or local government proposes becoming a broadband provider, most on BBR will think it's a great idea.
And how many telecommunication companies have failed over the years?

boku
@comcast.net

boku

Anon

I bet it is OVER 9000!
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

the article says comcast competes directly with them. in them cases where comcast buys systems where they already have plant they usually would scrap the old and use there own.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa

Mod

Yes, we do or at least did have a choice between Comcast and AP&T. Comcast was here first as far as I know.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

said by sashwa:

Yes, we do or at least did have a choice between Comcast and AP&T. Comcast was here first as far as I know.
According to one article the decision to build the system was made 10 years ago because Alameda was unhappy with both TCI and AT&T Broadband. So the Alameda city leaders were right that AT&T didn't know how to run a cable company in 1998 but wrong with their long term prediction of the market.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa

Mod

TCI was bought out by AT&T way back then if I remember correctly. :-D

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to sashwa

Premium Member

to sashwa
Give Comcast a try sashwa, your price will likely rise to $42.95, but you should get 12/2 for that (if the plant is up to current standards)

kieranmullen
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Portland, OR

kieranmullen to boku

Premium Member

to boku
That doesn't work here. Try digg or reddit.
said by boku :

I bet it is OVER 9000!