uniqs
share rss forum feed

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to knightmb

Re: wow, sweet deal for Comcast

i dont know where you get your calculations, but i come up with probably around 950,000 a year in gross revenue. your not going to average more than 100.00 a month average and thats tops.

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6
said by rody_44:

i dont know where you get your calculations, but i come up with probably around 950,000 a year in gross revenue. your not going to average more than 100.00 a month average and thats tops.
(Did you forget that there are 12 months in a year?) That's $11.4 million. Comcast runs around a 20% operational profit, leaving it $2.3 million/year to pay off the debt, somewhere between 6-7 years from now.

That sounds like a good deal -- it's probably not exactly that rosy because the network they're buying has probably suffered some neglect over its past austere years.

I'm bummed that it's Comcast as it can't keep up with its own problems and is dead last in customer satisfaction -- it's exactly the kind of buyer that the bondholders wanted to avoid when they started this thing.
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- Hillsboro, Oregon
More features, more fun, Join BroadbandReports.com, it's free...

mdurkin

join:1999-08-11
San Bruno, CA
reply to rody_44
Check your math. You forgot the X 12 for yearly gross.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to funchords
said by funchords:

That sounds like a good deal -- it's probably not exactly that rosy because the network they're buying has probably suffered some neglect over its past austere years.
It's an overbuilt system in an area Comcast already serves so Comcast cares more about acquiring the subscribers than the system.

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6
ah!

Mordhem
Love it, Hate it.

join:2003-07-10
Baltimore, MD
reply to funchords
I guess you have a bad area of comcast, when I was in Baltimore my service was top notch now that I am dealing with charter I crying and wishing comcast would buy them out and upgrade this pos system they have liked they did to TCI when they acquired Baltimore
--
Being Corporate is not a bad thing, its a matter of who you work for & how much they value you! I would not have it any other way!