Search similar:

uniqs

HalfLifer
Yep
join:2001-12-16
Fraser, MI

HalfLifer

Fox2 Problem solvers get involved

I was just watching the news as Fox2 Problem Solvers had a story of the comcast transition. IN the past week they had over 100+ callers who complained and even interviewed one person, who couldnt get to ANY websites at all.

They then interviewed a comcast rep which said that 90% of the people are perfectly happy and having no problems and its a great transition. Also said that this guy was having a a "small" problem.

Unbelieveable!
[text was edited by author 2002-01-03 18:21:54]
DanMcComb (banned)
join:2002-01-03

DanMcComb (banned)

Typical spin control by the Comcast rep. Not surprising, i've fully come to expect this nonsense from corporate America. We know better, however. No way in hell are 90% of the people happy with this transition, especially the former mediaone customers.

Unfortunately, im afraid, the customer gets screwed in the end and comcast will still rake in the money, + 5.
pparks1
join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

pparks1 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
This is utterly ridiculous. They are making themselves look like complete asses by issuing this statement.

Look at it like this, if only 10% of their customers are having a problem and they alone are causing 2 hour hold times on the phone, Comcast has a much more serious problem than originally thought.

Once again, the big brother cable guys are trying to make themselves look good to those who don't know any better. If people were only to sit down and think about what they are saying, they would realize that they are either lying their butts off or are incapable of supporting their customer base. Either way they look like fools to me.
pparks1

pparks1 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
One other thing to keep in mind, if 10% of the Michiganders are having problems after the transition, that means that 7000 people are having a problem. Maybe the comcast officials meant that out of ALL of their customers, only 10% are having a problem. If this is the case, my guess is that they transitioned just about 10% of their base.

Any way you look at this, they look bad.
krogers11
join:2001-02-27
Perrysburg, OH

krogers11 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
Fox 2 needs to take a poll and just see if 90% of Comcasts subscribers are happy. My guess is that the 90% would be on the negative side. How can we get Fox 2 to do this, flood there phones again wil complaints. I was one of the complainers, didnt think it would go anywhere but was suprised.
pparks1
Westland, MI

pparks1 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
I would suggest letting them know. I sent them an email last night and received a phone call today directly from them to get some information and a possible interview.

They have a link on their website where you can email them. The truth has to come out on this one.
redcrew3
join:2001-12-30
Canton, MI

redcrew3 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
Fox 2 Problem Solver web page is:

»www.wjbk.com/default_ori ··· inal.htm

Main switchboard phone number is 248.557.2000
krogers11
Perrysburg, OH

krogers11 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
Yep, cant handle these monopolistic ways

»www.fox2detroit.com/defa ··· inal.htm
krogers11

krogers11 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
BTW, take a look at my motivation!!

Test running..Downloaded 60900bytes in 10105ms
Seems as slow as a dialup
Upload got ok 1 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 1bytes in 741ms
Uploaded 1bytes in 5167ms
Uploaded 1bytes in 4607ms
Upload got ok 50000 bytes uploaded
Uploaded 50000bytes in 8242ms

** Speed 48(down)/130(up) kbps **
About modem speed!
Logging result
Finish.

Ann Arbor Joel
@westln01.mi.comcast.

Ann Arbor Joel to HalfLifer

Anon

to HalfLifer
I can't even respond to the message. It just times out. Help us Fox 2.............please.
krogers11
Perrysburg, OH

krogers11 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
You go GIRL !!!

J D McDorce
Premium Member
join:2001-12-29
Westland, MI

J D McDorce to HalfLifer

Premium Member

to HalfLifer
Spin doctoring at it's finest! Consider this - unless the rep is psychic, they have no way of knowing how many percent are "perfectly happy and having no problems" unless they asked. Since I am not aware of Comcast doing any polls of its customer base in the last week, the 90% is either an outright lie or a number based on the number of complaints / number of customers, using the theory that if a customer did not formally complain, then they must be happy.

I would like to urge anyone having issues with the new Comcast.net that has not called Comcast or emailed them ( »www.comcast.net/contactus/ ) to please do so. Comcast Representatives are publicly stating to the Detroit area print (Detroit Free Press) and broadcast (Fox 2) media that they are not aware any any widespread problems related to the transition. Maybe they honestly don't know how bad the problems really are.

As long as they are talking to the press, maybe they ought to take the time to explain the real reasons for transitioning the Road Runner customers to Comcast.net.
poss717
join:2001-12-27
Wynnewood, PA

poss717 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer

Fox

Just sent an email to FOX. I am in Philly-have a couple of weeks to go until transition. I am just trying to avoid any problems. I feel so sorry for all of you other guys. I would go back to dial up, rather than put up with all of this aggravation. It COULD be so nice!
krogers11
Perrysburg, OH

krogers11 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer

Re: Fox2 Problem solvers get involved

I too just e-mail Fox 2 and Comcast
redcrew3
join:2001-12-30
Canton, MI

redcrew3 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
I emailed Fox2 earlier this week, but never heard anything back.

Sent another email tonight, and received an automated reply.

Guess the first email never made it through.
poss717
join:2001-12-27
Wynnewood, PA

poss717 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer

Fox

I am really frightened about all of this-talk about being paranoid! It's only a computer, but I do a great deal of my business on here. Dial up was slow, but I never really experienced complete blackouts. I could always keep going. I was down for a couple of days, in December, and had to rely on my dial up-at least I was able to carry on. Sorry-I am just venting.
poss717

poss717 to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer
I, too, received a reply from FOX. At least it's something.

The__Cub
Westland, MI

The__Cub to HalfLifer

to HalfLifer

Re: Fox2 Problem solvers get involved

I sent an email to FOX2 tonight.