uniqs
share rss forum feed

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

2 edits

Dumb...

This is just dumb and unfortunately at the moment I can't even seem to formulate a polite response - which is a bit rare for me. Like an old CEO of mine once said about someone, AT&T just don't get it.

The proverbial "last mile" and the servers interfacing with the content will fail long before the backbone itself fails due to capacity issues. The US national backbone is the easiest portion to upgrade (comparatively) and a problem that even just blindly throwing money at will solve for many years to come. Finding efficient technology and means to deal with the amount of content (data), now that's a bit harder but manageable. Getting the majority of residential customer up to the "sweet spot" for connectivity (100 Mbps IMO), thats a bit harder and costlier.

Verizon seems to have figured this out, hell, even Comcast seems to have figured this out - maybe it's time for another new AT&T? This one seems a lot like the previous incarnation.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

sounds like a great time to split them up. PacBell, SNET, NV bell, Ameritech, Southwestern Bell. and dont' forget we'd have to spin AT&T back into AT&T. and this time demand they are NOT the ISP they use instead use 3rd parties. They become the dumb pipe.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Reviews:
·Charter
said by hottboiinnc:

They become the dumb pipe.
agreed. AT&T needs to understand that their future is dumb pipe provider.

nationalize the infrastructure and pay AT&T nothing for their share. they owe us for pissing on the constitutional rights of every one of their customers.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

not just their customers but everyone. i'm not a customer and they pissed on mine if any of my data goes on their network.

i refuse to do business with them.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to morbo
said by morbo:

AT&T needs to understand that their future is dumb pipe provider.
That's what they keep asking for so let them have it!