Search similar:

uniqs
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

1 recommendation

jimboe

[OOL] Atrocious peak time speeds continue. Nothing fixed in bkly

We're still blazing along here each and every Brooklyn evening on oversold/oversaturated nodes.

I'm continually amazed at how they could allow this to drag on for months and months. Great way to alienate you customers CV.

Agent Smith2
join:2008-07-07
New York

Agent Smith2

Re: [OOL] Atrocious peak time speeds continue. Nothing fixed in

Click for full size
Things fine 16/2 .
jimboe
New York

jimboe

said by Agent Smith2:

Things fine 16/2 .
Title says Brooklyn.

Agent Smith2
New York

Agent Smith2 to jimboe

to jimboe
I know but Eny i think lives in brooklyn and everythings fine check your signals or post em here.
jimboe
New York

jimboe

Title said "..continue.."
I also refer you to the second sentence.

There is a admitted (cv) area-wide problem around here. It's not a signal issue.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

where "here"?
dubenezic
join:2004-05-06
Elizabeth, NJ

dubenezic to jimboe

to jimboe
Maybe call tech support?
ENYCECKK
join:2008-10-31
Brooklyn, NY

ENYCECKK to jimboe

to jimboe
For me is fine

Just tested ^

Last week i get 1Mb at this time
ENYCECKK

1 edit

ENYCECKK

call them and tell them u need a senior tech guy to check the node

ironwalker
World Renowned
MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

1 edit

ironwalker to dubenezic

MVM

to dubenezic
said by dubenezic:

Maybe call tech support?
lol, why....its more fun to wine here and have others post those pretty speed test images to prove the op is more of an idiot then they are.

$50 bucks to someone who makes a post in the OOL forum without a speed test image in it.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

1 edit

2 recommendations

StreetSpirit to ENYCECKK

Premium Member

to ENYCECKK
said by ENYCECKK:

call them and tell them u need a senior tech guy to check the node
How about an area supervisor accompanied by 2 Boost techs and a backbone representative. Some of us have unfortunately been there, back, and there again.

Don't take this the wrong way ENYCECKK See Profile, but I carried a "caveat: my experience is not representative of overall OOL - YMMV" signature for months and months while working with the techs. Perhaps now it's your turn?

Fact is, some of us are just not as lucky as others...Again, YMMV.

As for whining, jimboe See Profile has been down the "call them" route many times... And so have the rest of us "habitual whiners"..
ENYCECKK
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

ENYCECKK

I think u should go fix his internet

and btw , I never said they fixed every1's internet.
I said they fixed " most of the peak time problem "

Even my friend can see the diff ( He lives 3 ave away )

" I reached 2.5MB/S today ! First time "
jimboe
New York

1 recommendation

jimboe to ironwalker

to ironwalker
said by ironwalker:

said by dubenezic:

Maybe call tech support?
lol, why....its more fun to wine here and have others post those pretty speed test images to prove the op is more of an idiot then they are.
Actually what's indicative of an idiot is someone who posts a completely useless comment in a thread that's trying to gauge how widespread a serious problem remains to be.

No one with any sense would insult someone else, referring to them as an idiot or a "whiner" because they started one solitary topic in months indicating poor speeds.
jimboe

1 recommendation

jimboe to ENYCECKK

to ENYCECKK
said by ENYCECKK:

Wait. So let me get this straight.

They fixed your issue--
-
*AND* your friend's issue as too!

So that qualifies " most of the peaktime problem "

Well I guess that's it then. Logically, I must be the only person left with a problem.

I'll go home now.
jimboe

jimboe to MxxCon

to MxxCon
Mxx: 11223
ENYCECKK
Brooklyn, NY

ENYCECKK to jimboe

to jimboe
They fixed the headend-hub

maybe they didn't fix your node

my whole apartment got faster speed without peak time

I had to called them 5 times and 3 guys came over last week

and now .. they finally fixed

Just say " Im going back to dsl if u guys wont fix it "

Agent Smith2
New York

Agent Smith2 to jimboe

to jimboe
Me posting is diff.. Btw and also im just saying OOL is jut not good in brooklyn who knows when they will fix it for them its only spotty good service around brooklyn..
dubenezic
join:2004-05-06
Elizabeth, NJ

dubenezic to jimboe

to jimboe
It is quite obvious to me that posting here with a thumbs down icon next to your post fixed everything.

Because Cablevision saw your post, dispatched a Field Supervisor, a tech, and went to your residence immediately. People who whine on obscure websites is indicative of someone who needs a bottle and some warm milk.
jimboe
New York

1 recommendation

jimboe

Wow. That was well thought out, lucid and extremely helpful.
Funny too.

You figured that out all by yourself? I can't believe it.

Who was it again that forced you to read submit a steaming pile of useless crap in this thread?
jimboe

1 recommendation

jimboe to Agent Smith2

to Agent Smith2
said by Agent Smith2:

Me posting is diff.. Btw and also im just saying OOL is jut not good in brooklyn who knows when they will fix it for them its only spotty good service around brooklyn..
Reynaldo, that has been the case for quite some time unfortunately.. This has been an open case with them for months now..

Agent Smith2
New York

1 edit

Agent Smith2 to jimboe

to jimboe
You should move to the bronx then :].
ENYCECKK
Brooklyn, NY

ENYCECKK

LOL AT RENALDO
jimboe
New York

jimboe

..still less than 1mbps downstream at peak time here..

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

1 recommendation

JRW2 to jimboe

Premium Member

to jimboe
BTW, we are heading into the WORST time to be a CV OOL subscriber, the "Holidays"!

In the coming days/weeks, the overall "load" on the OOL network is going to go through the ROOF, as everyone starts taking time off for holiday vacations, the absolutely worst time is just before Christmas and all the way for weeks AFTER New Year's day.

While Street has NEVER recovered from his degradation of speeds from last year, my speeds have recovered about 90% of what they were last year, but my issues lasted until almost May!!!

OOL has yearly network issues, and this is the time when they hit the hardest...

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

So far, so "good". Bah, as long as I get near 5-8 mbits/s down and a halfway decent upstream, I'm happy... Kind of... Well not really but there's nothing I can do about it at this point. I'm done praying for a miracle, thanks. It kinda wears thin after a year.

StreetSpirit

1 edit

1 recommendation

StreetSpirit to jimboe

Premium Member

to jimboe
said by jimboe:

We're still blazing along here each and every Brooklyn evening on oversold/oversaturated nodes.

I'm continually amazed at how they could allow this to drag on for months and months. Great way to alienate you customers CV.

That's literally atrocious . I thought my line was underpowered. I'd begin to explore alternatives.

You're now receiving 1/15th of what the advertised "up-to" downstream. What was that about 5x as fast as DSL?

Wow, I didn't know it was THAT bad on your end; I empathize more than most simply due to all the repeated testing, re-testing and the tons of visits from all sorts of techs and engineers... I invested the needed time as most of the old timers know without much result. I'm sure you have as well.

--
Regards - I don't mean to put a crimp in your weekend! In-fact, it's about time I began my own.
Dave
StreetSpirit

4 edits

StreetSpirit to ENYCECKK

Premium Member

to ENYCECKK
said by ENYCECKK:

Oh, I would if I could my friend... I'm glad you guys are fixed, maybe our area will be next. No one would like to post an *ITS FIXED HERE* more.

Fixing anyone's service is (un)fortunately not my job nor is telecomm my profession. This is called "paying for a service."

I apologize about misquoting you regarding everyone is fixed. Cheers!
StreetSpirit

2 edits

StreetSpirit to ENYCECKK

Premium Member

to ENYCECKK
said by ENYCECKK:

They fixed the headend-hub

maybe they didn't fix your node

my whole apartment got faster speed without peak time

I had to called them 5 times and 3 guys came over last week

and now .. they finally fixed

Just say " Im going back to dsl if u guys wont fix it "
Hi,

Just say, " I'm going back to dsl if u guys won't fix it " means nothing if not followed up by action. Also, remember a lot of people are bundling services, and I for one LOVE the Cablevision oV service, and my family is pretty gung-ho on iO as well. Both at home and mom here in Brooklyn. In either case, walking away from OOL and downgrading to DSL will cost most families more than keeping OOL triple play. Of course for me in March, all bets are off since my bills will be substantial enough to not be beholden to Cablevision as a sole choice of internet provider.

This is just an example. Also when it comes to a choice of paying 200+$ to Cablevision, or saving, I will choose the latter, especially with the current economic climate.

Hope this clears things up a bit. Calling and saying you're walking if you aren't prepared to do so is a waste of time for both yourself and the rep.

--
Regards
Dave

hospit9
@optonline.net

hospit9 to dubenezic

Anon

to dubenezic
said by dubenezic:

It is quite obvious to me that posting here with a thumbs down icon next to your post fixed everything.

Because Cablevision saw your post, dispatched a Field Supervisor, a tech, and went to your residence immediately. People who whine on obscure websites is indicative of someone who needs a bottle and some warm milk.
people who complain to fcc cause they dont understand a cablevision commercial need a bottle and milk
zaku0079
join:2008-11-03
Bronx, NY

2 edits

zaku0079 to jimboe

to jimboe

Yup, so much for that fix. It's been brutally slow, under 500k since 7PM tonight, been slow overall this weekend alone. GG Cablevision. BTW, this is coming from 10473.