spc
uniqs
felinis
join:2008-11-24
Middle River, MD

felinis to dadkins

to dadkins

Re: Bandwidth Limits - Meter

If you are a Comcast customer, then you already have a bandwidth monitor - in the free McAfee security package tools:Open Security Center/Tools/Traffic Monitor.

I don't know if this is a new or old feature, but I am amazed that there has been so much fuss about Comcast not supplying a metering solution. Apparently even Comcast doesn't know about it.
K Patterson
Premium Member
join:2006-03-12
Columbus, OH

K Patterson

Premium Member

That monitors the traffic on one computer, not all the traffic from the user's LAN.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins to felinis

MVM

to felinis
Click for full size
said by felinis:

If you are a Comcast customer, then you already have a bandwidth monitor - in the free McAfee security package tools:Open Security Center/Tools/Traffic Monitor.

I don't know if this is a new or old feature, but I am amazed that there has been so much fuss about Comcast not supplying a metering solution. Apparently even Comcast doesn't know about it.
???
I have DU Meter... don't need McAfee!
Would be nice to have something on their end to show WAN traffic only.
... not that I use tons or worried about it, ya know?

D-Link router so Tomato or DD-WRT won't work.

BTW, Welcome to the Comcast HSI forum felinis!
AARRGGHHH7
join:2008-11-12
Fort Lauderdale, FL

AARRGGHHH7

D-Link router so Tomato or DD-WRT won't work.

Why would DD-WRT not work? I have an older version that doesn't have a bandwidth monitor, but AFAIK, the newest versions do monitor bandwidth usage, from everything that's connected (PCs, Macs, Xbox, PS3, Apple TV, etc...).

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

funchords

MVM

said by AARRGGHHH7:

Why would DD-WRT not work?
Because it's not supported by his router.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins to AARRGGHHH7

MVM

to AARRGGHHH7
THAT post is when I had a D-Link and DD-WRT does not work on a DI624 REV C router.

Since then, a *GOOD* friend bought me a WRT54G, flashed DD-WRT on it, and sent it to me.
No worries.