Search similar:

uniqs
Kevlar2
Kevlar
join:2008-02-19
Spartanburg, SC

Kevlar2

Please Help me Define QQing.....

Just wanted some input from some non official wow boards people. I KNOW what Ill get from them :P

Here's what happened.

Was in Dragonblight the other day. My server has been having a lot of major lag spikes/crashes lately. At least once per play session I can pretty well count on a giant spike (cant talk to npcs, cant loot, sometimes completely frozen and come back from spike dead, etc). Anyhoo one happened. Someone in general asked if anyone else was lagging. Common question as you never know if its just you. 20 or so people respond affirmative. We all sit there prolly a solid minute waiting for it to die down. Chat is about the only thing thats working.

I say: "I for one feel priviledged to PAY for this level of service". That was the entirety of what I said. One sentence. No going on. No spamming, yelling the usual stuff you see in bad performance areas. Immediately some tool jumps me and tells me to "quit qqing" "cancel your account, dont pay for it if its so upsetting" I really didnt care as my acct expires pretty soon anyway and was just piddling while watching some movies. I thought this was a gross overreaction though. I feel that if I pay for something I should be able to voice my displeasure if the "product" is prefectly understandable. So voicing a mild complaint is "QQing"?

I have heard this same complaint a LOT in many channels whether its about someone unhappy about their class, a recent patch, overall performance, queues, bgs the list goes on and on. It seems there are a group of people out there that believe you should absolutely never voice a complaint about ANY subject at all (at least in wow). To my way of thinking if no one complains about poor performance why would the provider have any motivation to change/improve anything? And yes I know there are other avenues for voicing your complaints but I feel one or 2 casual complaints in general chat (not trade, lfg etc) is a good thing.

Opinions? Comments? Was I qqing from what you read and if so what would your rationale be for not complaining about a poor performing product you purchase?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

i found your comment funny. piss on the other guy that said 'quit qqing'.

GemSnake
Premium Member
join:2000-10-19
3rd layer

GemSnake to Kevlar2

Premium Member

to Kevlar2
QQ = complaining. A word, a sentence, a paragraph... doesn't really matter.

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Azle, TX

GTJiga to Kevlar2

Premium Member

to Kevlar2
No QQing on your part, simply voicing a complaint about a service that is not working correctly. The ones that said you were QQing are the ones who are actually QQing!

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar to Kevlar2

Premium Member

to Kevlar2
I agree with your statement but would classify it as minor QQ.

You should feel priviledged to pay for a game that only experiences 1 solid minute of down time for a lag spike. It sucks when it happens but is it really considered poor performance?

IMO QQ'ing is complaining about the smallest little issue and blowing it way out of proportion making it seem like the end of.... the world, your class, profession, or WOW in general. You made a joke regarding the lag spike, not a QQ.

deadmeatmage
@fcruise.net

deadmeatmage to Kevlar2

Anon

to Kevlar2
I wouldn't specifically call your complaint QQing, but I would say it is still unneccesary.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Kevlar2

Premium Member

to Kevlar2
I still can't believe that you went through the lengths to start a topic on something like this. That traumatizing, eh?

spellbane
join:2008-02-12
Knightdale, NC

1 edit

spellbane

I think these days, people are bitter for having complained about something that they found annoying just to hear someone says "stop QQin". Now those same people are looking for anyone to complain so they can get their chance to say "stop QQin".
I propose an exercise.. everyone just get it out of your system.. I know you can't resist putting those two Giant Qs side by side to 1 another. just reply and put as many QQs as ya want.. then never use them again. As all the QQ is for is to piss someone off and why would you want to deliberately be a douche bag to another person?
the other reason are people just seem so irritable in general these days. and theres smart asses that have a nasty comment about everything said or posted. even now as I am posting it, I am wondering what smart ass is going to quote me and tell me how I must be some sort of moron for posting this.
in closing, I would suggest ya just ignore folks who aren't intelligent enough to come up with anything better than QQ or whatever catch phrase comes next.
so here goes....
QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ...Q..Q
okay enough for me.. good hunting to ya!

pjharvey
@unt.edu

pjharvey to Kevlar2

Anon

to Kevlar2
said by Kevlar2:

I feel that if I pay for something I should be able to voice my displeasure if the "product" is prefectly understandable.
Huh?

Graytooth13
join:2008-07-28
Tomball, TX

Graytooth13 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I still can't believe that you went through the lengths to start a topic on something like this. That traumatizing, eh?
Quit your QQing Archivis!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

That's not me QQ'ing, that's me finding ways to do what I do best... be an arrogant jerk.

badtrip
Premium Member
join:2004-03-20

badtrip to Kevlar2

Premium Member

to Kevlar2
I left WoW for this exact reason. I got sick of the horrendous anti-social attitude by a huge chunk of folks who play on Area52.

For instance, I came back to WoW for a month to check out Northrend. We run Nexus and I died and had to run back. I type in chat:

Hey where are you guys, I can't find you.

A shaman responds:

IDK...maybe you suck at life.

Then he leaves party and hearths. Now, admittedly this is a small thing that normally wouldn't even register, but when it happens over and over again it makes you either want to join an all adult raiding guild and never PUG or leave the game. Since I'm burnt out on raiding, I chose the latter.

In my experience, this bad player attitude is typical for online Blizzard games nearing the end of their life-cycle. Playerbase attitude prompted me to stop playing battlenet WC3 and Diablo2. It seems that for some reason a Blizzard game makes even the most dignified adult act like a 14 year old spoiled brat.

GemSnake
Premium Member
join:2000-10-19
3rd layer

GemSnake

Premium Member

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you were in an "adult" guild or an "adult" pug. It has nothing to do with the game, people are jerks, period. Immature ones more than mature ones.

As far as the original post, I don't know, it does seem like QQing. Yes, it's a lag. Yes, everyone is affected. Yes, everyone is aware. Comments like "i'm a paying customer, fix yo' shitz!" don't serve any purpose when made to the player base. I'm sure if you open a GM ticket to voice your displeasure you won't get a "stop your QQing" remark.

Last night questing in Ice Crown I got a lag spike, but the "lagmeter" stayed in the green. Several mins later somebody in the general channel asked if anyone else was lagging. Several people replied, some saying they thought it was just them, so all agreed it's a server issue. No "damn blizz screwing up my farming" or such, rather civil.

umptyfunk
@comcast.net

umptyfunk to Kevlar2

Anon

to Kevlar2
Now you just seem kinda touchy and overly sensitive. I thought you had to have barkskin to play wow, with all the haters out there. /Shrug and /Moveon, I would say.
Kevlar2
Kevlar
join:2008-02-19
Spartanburg, SC

Kevlar2 to pjharvey

to pjharvey
Hmm Ok I wrote that part rather badly..

now quit QQing over my bad writing!!! Hey that feels kinda good.
Kevlar2

Kevlar2 to Exodus

to Exodus
Sigh As usual you succeed at being an ass Arch.

No not 'traumatic" Just curious what others thought as Ive seen this sentiment a lot over 4 years and never understood it.

I call it the 'scared to complain" attitude. Or alternately the "government knows best we should shut up and be ruled" attitude. Different subject matter, same cowed attitude, imo.

pjharvey
@unt.edu

pjharvey to badtrip

Anon

to badtrip
Maybe I'm jaded, but I expect rude behavior. It doesn't really faze me.

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium Member
join:2001-08-29
way way out

P Ness

Premium Member

QQ= most of the times = When someone else considers your "issue" silly and not important...you are QQ'ing...crying..bitching..blax.

So when you complain that you are better geared then the huntard and he face rolls 5500dps and you can only reach 4200...and he is in 1/2 t6 and you are in full t7......yea you are QQ'ing.

QQ moar, huntards are fine..Lrn2play

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Azle, TX

GTJiga to badtrip

Premium Member

to badtrip
Badtrip,

That's when you give a quick snappy tell to the asshat and quickly put his ass on ignore! Then when the smacktard gets on a alt just to send you a tell... you won!

Shaman: IDK...maybe you suck at life
Me: I may suck at life, but you sure as hell can suck the chrome off a bumper! Hell, I bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose!
/ignore shaman

Normally when someone makes a comment like that, that's what I do... just to try and get under their skin.

badtrip
Premium Member
join:2004-03-20

badtrip

Premium Member

You're right, Jigga, and back in the day that's exactly what I used to do. I used to have to clean out my ignore list all the time to add new jackasses