uniqs

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Bring it to southern Maine...

Expand the FAST footprint would ya? Then maybe Fairpoint would continue to be a viable player for broadband/phone service around here.
JohnA4
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

JohnA4

Premium Member

They won't expand it without TV. Same reason Verizon sold it. NH wouldn't talk to them about TV. At least Fairpoint is trying to avoid the franchise nightmare, by going IPTV like T did.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

2 edits

Dominokat to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
As it is now, I know people are dropping their POTs lines left and right for either VOIP or Cellular. That isn't going to help Fairpoint at all. Each person dropping Fairpoint, is less money for them, and I fear that Fairpoint is going to be in trouble.
I hope it works out for Fairpoint. We'll see soon enough.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by Dominokat:

As it is now, I know people are dropping their POTs lines left and right for either VOIP or Cellular. That isn't going to help Fairpoint at all. Each person dropping Fairpoint, is less money for them, and I fear that Fairpoint is going to be in trouble.
I hope it works out for Fairpoint. We'll see soon enough.
Exactly. Fairpoint took over from Verizon just as TW was turning on and ramping up advertising for there digital phone service in many of the Adelphia markets they acquired here. They will need to do something or its...Buh-Bye Fairpoint!

buzz_4_20
join:2003-09-20
Dover, NH

buzz_4_20

Northern Maine...
mrvid
join:2007-06-19
Levittown, NY

mrvid to JohnA4

to JohnA4
I don't know if their going to get that break; there is constant pressure which suggests if they deliver cable TV channels, then they are in fact a cable company & therefore, should be paying franchise fees.

Ytsejamer1
join:2008-01-18
Somersworth, NH

Ytsejamer1 to swintec

to swintec

Re: Bring it right up the road!!!

Yeah, I think they need to expand the fiber rollout to surrounding communities. I wouldn't give two sh*ts where my tv signal comes from, as long as I get good picture and sound, that'd work for me. I'm only two towns over from Portsmouth, just outside the existing FIOS infrastructure. My boss was the first one in Portsmouth to get it. He has since moved and Verizon pulled out of his new town midway the rollout there. He could see the spool of fiber sitting at the end of his street. *bummer*

I'd love to dump all comcast services...even though I'm leery of Fairpoint as a sustainable company, i'd give them a chance if it is beneficial to me.

IMO, there's no way they could get this going over a DSL connection. I don't think the connections would hold up reliably enough for IPTV.