spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ATT EMP

@bellsouth.com

BS

What is great is that the majority of employees heard the news from the news, rather than the company. Then a few hours later an email was finally sent out. It shows these tools really care about the employees. Bring back Bellsouth! A concern for customers and employees will produce the best results, not micro management and nit picking!
Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX
kudos:1

Re: BS

ATT EMP, if it is so horrible working for AT&T, micro managing and nit picking, then perhaps you should secure some else's job with AT&T and terminate your employment with that nasty organization.
jc100

join:2002-04-10

Not that I work for ATT, but your statement assumes jobs grow on trees right now. Plenty of people hate their job but work it so they

A) Have an income
B) Roof over their head
C) Feed their family.

Your reply shows your age and lack of understanding of such adult decisions. Go elsewhere is an easier said than doen thing in this current job climate.

Barack

@bellsouth.net

Remember, their are ATT Managers on this site looking at negative posts and they do investigate. It saddens me to think that they have to go to such lengths to squelch negative but informative posts. Austinloop sounds suspicious.

fatmanskinny
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..

said by Barack :

Remember, their are ATT Managers on this site looking at negative posts and they do investigate. It saddens me to think that they have to go to such lengths to squelch negative but informative posts. Austinloop sounds suspicious.
I worked for EarthLink and posted a comment on DSLR about my experience with their internet service while I was employed with them.

Somehow it got back to management and I was called into the office about it.
--
God saved me from myself! Thank you, Lord, in the Name of Jesus!

Smile__
Premium
join:2008-10-10
New Freedom, PA

Same here with my company..

Smile__
Premium
join:2008-10-10
New Freedom, PA
Austin, good jobs are hard to come by.. You sometimes just have to deal with these things even if you hate the job or company you have..

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
I'm thinking financial disclosure rules govern how news like this has to be disseminated. If they told employees first AT&T would have been targeted with shareholder lawsuits up one side and down the other.

Not true

@bellsouth.net

We were told two weeks ago, just not the exact number. All workers find out tomorrow if they stay or go.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA
kudos:1
said by ATT EMP :

What is great is that the majority of employees heard the news from the news, rather than the company. Then a few hours later an email was finally sent out. It shows these tools really care about the employees. Bring back Bellsouth! A concern for customers and employees will produce the best results, not micro management and nit picking!
You know it is a publically traded comapny, so they have to let the public know before/same time as employee, or it would/could be seen as insider information. This is bad news enough.

idjk

@embarqhsd.net
Back in the early '70 ('71 maybe)when BS laid off up to 6yrs, people were given severance checks and were required to give them back if you wanted to take a operator job at much less money.
The co fired you to get around the union contract which said if you were forced into a lower paying job your pay would be slowly reduced to the new level.
Worst part is that lowest seniority people got the operator jobs and when they got to the people with 6yrs there were no jobs left, 2yrs later they were wishing they had those trained people back.
I had about 7-8 yrs back then and made the cut.