Search similar:

uniqs
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5

Premium Member

Very Sad

especially at Christmas time for so many who are affected and their families.

As in the case of the automakers though..I don't think you can blame only the economy. For all intents and purposes..this companies core products are becoming functionally obsolete in that so many are moving away from dsl and landlines. Whether Uverse and fios become the lifelines that save them..only time will tell.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

The automakers can hold a lot of the blame for their industry.
Stats were showing Toyota to make $15B this quarter while their CEO's income is $1M, GM / Ford to lose more than $15B each, while their CEO's income is $15M, $21M respectively.

AT&T 'could' have had my business here to Uverse, however, they decided (in their wisdom) to deploy only TV+Internet and stick me with overpriced (and heavily taxed) POTS. Los Angeles area has +15 million residents, and I suspect most don't want to pay $45/month + $13month in taxes/fees for what they can get on Vonage or cable bundle for $30 or less.

rob2421342
@eastlink.ca

rob2421342

Anon

quote:
AT&T 'could' have had my business here to Uverse, however, they decided (in their wisdom) to deploy only TV+Internet and stick me with overpriced (and heavily taxed) POTS. Los Angeles area has +15 million residents, and I suspect most don't want to pay $45/month + $13month in taxes/fees for what they can get on Vonage or cable bundle for $30 or less.

Yeah ,.. It's called All Distance for Uverse .. $30 POTS .. nationwide .. look into it

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

Yeah - I did.
$30/month for Unlimited nationwide + Canada + call display, etc. and no 'line charge' or any other BS ?
quote:
REP: I am sorry at this time U-verse voice is not available to you.
REP: You can still go for U-verse TV and Internet.\

If the '30/30/30' package that's been sent to me (and technically not available as such), why would I want to pay an extra $13/month in 'unfees' for a POTS version that doesn't even include LD to Canada ?