Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

[ Professions] Northrend Herbalism and Mining Tracks

taken from »www.almostgaming.com
herbalism
350-385
To learn Grand Master Herbalism at level 350: Alliance can visit either Kirea Moondancer in Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra) or Fayin Whisperleaf in Valgarde (Howling Fjord). Horde must visit Marjory Kains in Vengeance Landing (Howling Fjord).

One of the first herbs you will be able to collect is Goldclover, found in both start areas: Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra:

385+
Once you're level 385 you can begin collecting Talandra's Rose. With a flying mount you can zoom around the south western area of Zul'Drak and get tons of it. It is useful for leveling Alchemy and doing Northrend Alchemy Research. There is a ton of Frozen Orb in the snowy areas of Zul'Drak. I stay away from this area because it doesn't consistently drop much but Goldclover.

Mining
350-400
Remember you must be at least 350 to start mining the regular cobalt nodes, the rich cobalt requires 375.

401-450
You must be 425 to mine Rich Saraonite, you will find Titanium Veins along the way but you must be 450 to mine these. Sholazar Basin is a miner's heaven due to it's structure.

--
I have come to realize that God doesn't want to hear from me anymore.

pjharvey

@unt.edu

Thanks for posting these.

said by Harddrive:

Sholazar Basin is a miner's heaven due to it's structure.
It's also griefer heaven. Inner-faction competion and inter-faction fighting as multiple people decend from their flying mounts onto every nodes that pops. Gen channel was full of QQ & hate. I was amused as I went about my business picking all the flowers.

Brazbit
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Port Orchard, WA
reply to Harddrive

Make a circle following the geographical features of the zone. I for one am shocked.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Harddrive

Slight correction. Horde can pick up Grand Master herbalism at Warsong Hold as well. Can't tell you the guy's name, but WH has all the GM trainers.

Frozencpu

@165.130.136.x
reply to Harddrive

Good write up, i would just like to add that if you use an add on called gatherer it will take away alot of hassle that some of you might be going thru. There is also now a database available for it which is uploaded from wowhead site and shows every single node,herb,treasure there is on map=)

Very good thing and the less people use it the beter it is for us who have it.

The only thing i can say about Basin is that the area it self is very quick to cover on youre flying mount you could be back in forth in circle within maybe 3-5 mins the only problem with that area like someone mention allready is big on daily quets for oracles or shamans which puts it into alot of competition for everyone. Best area would be Storm peaks if you know a good route, i made one for my self and it works like a charm every time in about an hour i get close to a stack of titanium.

Happy hunting=)

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Harddrive

THe addons for Cartographer that track nodes for you - what you've found as well as what other people have found - named Cartographer_Mining and _Herbalism, haven't been updated for WotLK. I did find a replacement in Gathermate, which has an import addon you can use to utilize WoWHead's map nodes. Does the same thing for me that the others did before, and it'll work using the regular map as well.

The only caveat is that it can sometimes be tough to see what the node is, but to me that's not a huge isuue - anything my blacksmith doesn't need to level up can be prospected by my JC.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
DFW

i'm another user of gathermate. love the data file that uses wowhead's info.
--

Darkfire
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest
reply to Harddrive

said by Harddrive:

Sholazar Basin is a miner's heaven due to it's structure.

Once you hit 450 though you can find a lot more titanium in storm peaks if you know where to look with a lot less grief.
--
Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island
reply to Harddrive

said by Harddrive:

i'm another user of gathermate. love the data file that uses wowhead's info.
A question about these addons.Does any addon allow you to only show a specific type of node on the map? An example, only show where Titanium nodes are (I understand that they spawn where Saronite nodes are), but not just "plain" saronite nodes.
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
DFW

yeah, gathermate lets you do that exact thing. just uncheck the ones you dont want to see.
--

Reanimator7

join:2008-11-22
Matthews, NC
reply to DownLow

AFAIK Titanium can spawn at any saronite node. Gatherer will keep tract of where you personally have found them though.

kywirelessgu
Premium
join:2004-01-25
Nicholasville, KY
reply to Dissembled

said by Dissembled:

Slight correction. Horde can pick up Grand Master herbalism at Warsong Hold as well. Can't tell you the guy's name, but WH has all the GM trainers.
Actually leatherworking and skinning aren't at WH, but at the tautanka whatever town to the east.

kywirelessgu
Premium
Nicholasville, KY

4 edits

Nobody has mentioned wintergrasp yet. Besides being the best place to farm all the eternals (shadow/life/water/fire/earth/air) its also a great place to find herbs/mines (including titanium). The only downsides are that you can't fly and you can get ganked even on a pve server.

I'm pretty sure your faction has to hold wintergrasp for you to see the eternal guys (all but life have an associated "Revenant" that is guaranteed to drop 1-3 crystallized version of said Eternal)
»www.wowhead.com/?npcs&filter=na=···97;crv=0

25k hp, non-elite, strung about with normal elemental types that have a much smaller drop rate, but will keep you busy while waiting on the revenants to respawn.

Reanimator7

Matthews, NC
reply to Harddrive

Elemental plateau ver. 2.0 Now with improved ganking!

kywirelessgu
Premium
Nicholasville, KY

said by Reanimator7:

Elemental plateau ver. 2.0 Now with improved ganking!
I was thinking the same thing, I wished I had the ability to gank some people back in the elemental plateau days. But I've read in a few places that the guys don't spawn if your faction doesn't hold the base. That kind of takes the ganking fun out of it in my opinion. I'll have to fly over there next time alliance hold it to see if I can still see the revenants.

GemSnake
Premium
join:2000-10-19
3rd layer
reply to Harddrive

Personally, I prefer Ice Crown for mining.

shray
Premium
join:2002-09-05
Edison, NJ

said by GemSnake:

do you enjoy getting your nodes stolen by means of instanced worlds?

Reanimator7

Matthews, NC
reply to GemSnake

I actally like the basin for mining. But icecrown is also pretty densely node packed around the "dug out horseshoe"

GemSnake
Premium
join:2000-10-19
3rd layer

1 edit
reply to shray

said by shray:

said by GemSnake:

do you enjoy getting your nodes stolen by means of instanced worlds?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I'm getting my bags full in Ice Crown.

EDIT: and, unlike S Basin, the fact that a ground mount won't really do there separates a bunch of lowbies from messing with your ore.

SkellBasher
Yes Sorto, I'll take my Prozac

join:2000-10-22
Niagara Falls, NY
reply to GemSnake

said by GemSnake:

I also have had good success in Icecrown with Saronite and Titanium nodes.