share rss forum feed

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Broken System

This story underlines the basic faults with most major corporations. The focus on providing a quality service or product is completely lost. Instead, making money becomes the business. Whatever they are selling is just a means to an end and it is all about the profits with little or no regard to what is being sold or what initially made them successful.

If Google were to fork over 2 billion dollars, only .0001% of the wealthiest employers would see any benefits. I'm offended that it was even mentioned that the regular consumer could save money on our internet service if only Google paid their "fair share". That is complete BS.

I'm sick of these mega-companies with their skeleton crews and piss-poor customer service making enormous profits while spreading this wealth in such a lopsided, anti-consumer distribution ratio.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

2 recommendations

said by jmn1207:

If Google were to fork over 2 billion dollars, only .0001% of the wealthiest employers would see any benefits. I'm offended that it was even mentioned that the regular consumer could save money on our internet service if only Google paid their "fair share". That is complete BS.
You got that right, AT&T will charge consumers whatever the market will bear no matter what Google pays for internet service. AT&T would even like Congress to legislate that consumers have to pay more than they would ordinarily be willing to bear. This is simply an argument about whether AT&T should be able to to legally steal some of Google's profits and has nothing to do with consumers.

fatmanskinny
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to jmn1207
said by jmn1207:

This story underlines the basic faults with most major corporations. The focus on providing a quality service or product is completely lost. Instead, making money becomes the business. Whatever they are selling is just a means to an end and it is all about the profits with little or no regard to what is being sold or what initially made them successful.

I'm sick of these mega-companies with their skeleton crews and piss-poor customer service making enormous profits while spreading this wealth in such a lopsided, anti-consumer distribution ratio.
Amen! Amen! Amen!
--
God saved me from myself! Thank you, Lord, in the Name of Jesus!

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
reply to Sammer
said by Sammer:

This is simply an argument about whether AT&T should be able to to legally steal some of Google's profits and has nothing to do with consumers.
Why doesn't ATT then buy Google stock?