MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

1 recommendation

TomS_

MVM

Examples of cable lacing

Hi all,

I am considering lacing cables in my sites rather than using traditional cable management methods. This is for a couple of reasons, namely even traditional cable organisers can sometimes get messy, and that lacing shouldnt be a problem due to the relatively infrequent cabling changes that happen in my sites.

Does anyone have any examples of cable lacing they have done at some of their sites, or that you have done for customers, etc?

Ive located a supplier of cable lacing products (like bars that can be installed in racks accross the front of equipment), and Im keen to trial this type of cable management at one or two sites to see how well it works for me.

Ive never done it before, so looking for examples I can learn from.

One such site is in a thread I started several weeks ago (»Microwave repeater/add/drop site). Its small, and could do with some cable management. I also have a larger site in mind where I would like to trial it too.

Cheers.

Splitpair
Premium Member
join:2000-07-29
Cow Towne

Splitpair

Premium Member

Click for full size
lacing.pdf
216,739 bytes
said by TomS_:

Does anyone have any examples of cable lacing they have done at some of their sites, or that you have done for customers, etc?
Cheers.
None that I have done but here are a few examples.

»www.tecratools.com/pages ··· ing.html

»www.tecratools.com/pages ··· 170.html

»www.tessco.com/yts/resou ··· -FAQ.pdf

Wayne

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to TomS_

to TomS_
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here is some lacing that was done by one of our upstream carriers.

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_

MVM

Thanks.

Thats the sort of stuff I am looking for if anyone else has more to share.

Cheers.

adam9280
join:2005-01-02
Rochester, MI

adam9280

Tools and supplies:
»www.specialized.net/ecom ··· ng+Tools

How to:
»www.dairiki.org/hammond/ ··· g-howto/
vnvnvn2000
join:2009-02-28

vnvnvn2000

thanks for your post. The sites are useful.

Rhaas
Premium Member
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO

Rhaas to TomS_

Premium Member

to TomS_
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
PREFACE: I am not nor claim to be good at lacing cables.

I prefer the waxed string/twine over the flat string. It's hard to keep the flat string from rolling over/twisting on itself and looking like crap. The first 2 pics are of stuff I've done - a ds1 patch panel and a vertical ground lead. The rest the CO tech did. I prefer the look and security of a laced cable over *eek* zip-ties, but some bundles get messed with too often to take the time to lace them down. Stuff that isn't/shouldn't ever move we'll lace though.