Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to snork

Premium Member

to snork

Re: [OOL] Atrocious peak time speeds continue. Nothing fixed in

said by snork:

I don't have any speedtest.net links at the moment, but I have noticed the same type of slow peak time speeds for the past 2 weeks here in West Milford, NJ on the Warwick, NY system.

Last night around 7pm I had 1502 kbps down (sucks), 1620 kbps up (ok).

This morning at 6am I got 15202 kbps down (normal speed) and 1740 kbps up (normal speed).

Last week I was only getting 200-500 kbps down which was pretty horrendous, but upload speeds are always 1500 kbps or better which is pretty much as adverstised.
Hey snork See Profile, I'm in Warwick, off 1A heading towards Pine Island. I work in West Milford. Speeds here have been good, and are also ok at my office in W.M. (they also use OOL).

Maybe it's just a temp thing for you.
FSchmertz
join:2007-07-01
West Milford, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

FSchmertz

said by La Luna:

said by snork:

I don't have any speedtest.net links at the moment, but I have noticed the same type of slow peak time speeds for the past 2 weeks here in West Milford, NJ on the Warwick, NY system.

Last night around 7pm I had 1502 kbps down (sucks), 1620 kbps up (ok).

This morning at 6am I got 15202 kbps down (normal speed) and 1740 kbps up (normal speed).

Last week I was only getting 200-500 kbps down which was pretty horrendous, but upload speeds are always 1500 kbps or better which is pretty much as adverstised.
Hey snork See Profile, I'm in Warwick, off 1A heading towards Pine Island. I work in West Milford. Speeds here have been good, and are also ok at my office in W.M. (they also use OOL).

Maybe it's just a temp thing for you.
If he's having the same problem I have (I live in a large condo complex with lots of kiddlies) it's gotten steadily worse over the last year or so. They probably need to split the node, but I doubt if it's an urgent issue with them, seeing as they have no viable competition out here. Right now I'm getting advertised speeds, but at 7-8 pm I was getting worse than dialup.

P.S. Long time no see La Luna, I'm pretty sure we've corresponded in the past. Glad to hear you're not having speed problems anymore. Wish I could say the same.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna

Premium Member

said by FSchmertz:

If he's having the same problem I have (I live in a large condo complex with lots of kiddlies) it's gotten steadily worse over the last year or so. They probably need to split the node, but I doubt if it's an urgent issue with them, seeing as they have no viable competition out here. Right now I'm getting advertised speeds, but at 7-8 pm I was getting worse than dialup.

P.S. Long time no see La Luna, I'm pretty sure we've corresponded in the past. Glad to hear you're not having speed problems anymore. Wish I could say the same.
Hey FSchmertz See Profile, good to see you here again. I used to live in Hewitt. Moved to Warwick at the end of summer.

I've been lucky in both places, no issues so far. Hope you guys get yours resolved soon!