Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to PapaJoe

Premium Member

to PapaJoe

Re: 3 Strikes and You're Out

said by PapaJoe:

The problem is MPAA would just send out warnings without proof. Historically their tactics have been very shady.
I agree, which is why there has to be an independent organization and an appeals process. I absolutely would not support a 3 strikes system if the MPAA/RIAA/BSA dictated directly to the ISPs who "they" felt were offenders via DMCA letters or whatever form they chose.

There would also have to be strict guidelines around what is considered infringement and what isn't.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

2 recommendations

Karl Bode

News Guy

Oh what, a system that can be manipulated to frame a printer isn't good enough for you, huh?
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_ to Matt3

Premium Member

to Matt3
i do not support the MafIAA.. they are wrong, wrong, wrong.
i do not believe downloading music/movies/etc is considered to be pirating.

because downloading pirated songs actually would encourage people to buy the CD's if the MafIAA didn't fuck up.

we need to explore beyond what's at the top 40 play lists and allow other artists to be heard.

remember, i bought more cd's as a result of me downloading the song from napster before it got ruined.

»phoenixlabs.org/pg2/ is also good protection.

-Rob

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by Rob_:

i do not support the MafIAA.. they are wrong, wrong, wrong.
i do not believe downloading music/movies/etc is considered to be pirating.

because downloading pirated songs actually would encourage people to buy the CD's if the MafIAA didn't fuck up.

we need to explore beyond what's at the top 40 play lists and allow other artists to be heard.

remember, i bought more cd's as a result of me downloading the song from napster before it got ruined.

-Rob

QuakeFrag
Premium Member
join:2003-06-13
NH

QuakeFrag to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

I wish they would release it for Vista. I always use PG2, but sometimes I am on my laptop which has Vista and I'm not able to.

insomniac84
join:2002-01-03
Schererville, IN

insomniac84 to Matt3

to Matt3
There is no such thing an independent organization. And who is going to pay for it? The U.S. government(us) so the independent organization can become corrupted by any interest group or the MPAA so the independent organization always sides with them?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

1 recommendation

KrK

Premium Member

said by insomniac84:

There is no such thing an independent organization. And who is going to pay for it? The U.S. government(us) so the independent organization can become corrupted by any interest group or the MPAA so the independent organization always sides with them?
Exactly. So the three strikes thing should be struck down.

OR should have a clause that says the MAFIAA has to pay any wrongly accused/mistaken notification victim say $100,000.

That may cool their jets.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

1 recommendation

pfak to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

Using PeerGuardian is the equivalent of putting on a condom and then stabbing yourself with a bunch of HIV-infected needles.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
said by KrK:

OR should have a clause that says the MAFIAA has to pay any wrongly accused/mistaken notification victim say $100,000,000.

That may cool their jets.
You need to add a few more zeros to that figure before they will be more cautious, bub.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_ to pfak

Premium Member

to pfak
this has mixed reviews but it's better then nothing!