funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6

1 edit

[Info] D-LINK Tech Support by Manila/Philippines

I just pulled this off of the D-Link Official Support forum where it is unlikely to survive.

My last support call to Manila (not D-Link) was a two-hour disaster. The guy was as polite as possible, but the vision of someone less apt than I reading the manual to me rings very true. They are supervised, to that I can attest. Every ten minutes, the shrill voice of the supervisor in the background would yell at my tech for taking so long. (It wasn't an issue he could resolve -- I told him what it was but he had to go through all this preliminary B/S first.)

My impression was that it wasn't support at all, it was diversion of responsibility. If the company gave a shit about its customers, it wouldn't have inflicted this upon us.

D-Link support just hit a new low. D-Link users please read.
« on: 10 December 2008 at 09:57:48 PM »
by ehYea (Read 8 times)

Well guys/gals. D-Link has hit a new low. Your current/future purchases will now be supported by Manila in the Philippines. This goes for all warranty support for every d-link networking products as of January 1st.

The U.S. Call center of Alorica, Inc (who is the company that D-Link has out-sourced to the past 6-7 years), has been given the boot. Not only will you, as the customer lose great support. But you will no longer be able to understand any of the agents you will call in the future. Sure, they may be very nice, but that's a terrible substitution for not being able to solve your problems. Manila is so out of touch on the U.S. and the ever-changing way of our ISPs they will fail miserably at providing you the service you need.

I feel ashamed at this. I've done a great job for all of your customers D-Link. I can read/write and I even have an American accent - Something you will soon miss. It's a shame when a once good company will go to this level. I know this post won't matter. But I hope to persuade you to think twice about purchasing D-Link products. If you're familiar with the product you buy, then I encourage you to purchase it by all means. All I'm trying to say is don't expect a competent phone agent when you have a problem.

From first hand observation, Manila support is not only terrible, they will most likely make the problem worse! There is a massive amount of truth behind that statement. I'm not saying this out of angst towards loosing my job. But I'm saying this in pity of you all, the customers. I made a lot of friendships out there and I hope to continue helping in a in-direct way here on the forums.

This change will also be noticed on D-Link's "Premium Services" department. The current agents are all based in the United States and are very competent at what they do. You pay $32.95 and you get what you pay for. This is a bargain, considering most of them have a couple certifications. The responsible thing that D-Link should do is suspend this service until a new department is created. Instead, you will be paying a Manila agent to read the manual with you, together under the false pre-tenses of them being "Certified." You will not be satisfied with their service and I really do wish you the best of luck with your networking problems. I must urge you to withhold your inclination to pay them for their services. You will NOT be satisfied - I can't stress this enough.

I suppose I won't miss the fact Alorica disabled right-clicking on our computers. Or I won't miss the pathetic $8.50/hr pay with no pay increases, ever. Nor will I miss the pathetic excuse for training and terrible management. One week we would be told to get off the phone call any way possible when the call reaches 13 minutes. The next week we would be told to provide as much help as we can. It got frustrating at times. But the good agents would find a median and help out no matter what the current policy was. I wished there was better management. I wish I moved up more in this company to actually have a voice in this. I have failed.

It's funny I should mention policy. There have been no official written policy ever given to us. We would get off the phones when we were told to. No, not because we didn't know how to fix the problem. But because Alorica, Inc. only makes $6.99 per case. That doesn't include call backs! D-Link wanted our agents to spend 30 minutes on the phone with someone who bought a $29.99 router. It makes no sense. Only people from the streets would be attracted to this low-paying job. Wouldn't it make more sense to hire less, more competent people with a higher pay? Instead, Alorica were forced to hire anyone willing to work for so less. Which in-turn would be terrible to Mr. and Mrs. Smith who have a networking problem. It would take 30 minutes for the agents here to handle the call. Where as, a well-trained experienced agent could handle it in 10 minutes. Terrible management on both sides. Alorica is to blame mostly. But D-Link could have encouraged a better work environment which would have in-turn produced a more efficient tech agent. They failed to act on this, they neglected their responsibilities which is their customers.

Most of the people here are dependent on this job in these tough economic times. I will miss my friends here and the great support we gave. I'll constantly be reminded of the people who thanked me for not only speaking English, but solving their issue. Alorica will find a way to avoid letting us get Un-employement as they have in the past. So let me give a big middle finger to you for that. Somewhere, someone high up on both sides are licking their fingers while counting the money. This will come back to bite you in the long run. The customer service scores will come out. I hope you're prepared for the aftermath of out-sourcing all of the calls overseas. I also hope you can sleep better at night.

This concludes my rant.

-Soon to be unemployed.

Thanks for posting that, and it's a bummer to have that happen. They couldn't wait 3 weeks?

Customers will need to pull together -- forums like this are a great place to get help. If D-Link's Manila support is like Verizon's, you're going to need it.

Robb
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- Hillsboro, Oregon
More features, more fun, Join BroadbandReports.com, it's free...

L1Technician

join:2008-03-08
canada

Poor man just lost his job. I think this is one of the TEL call center agent who has the american accent but lack of technical knowledge. If you lost your job don't blame it to the Filipino people. You have the american accent right, but lack of technical knowledge.

They pull the account from you guys maybe you all aren't worth it compare to an agent without an accent that knows the technical fix.

Give me a break...

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

So that's not a US call center?

L1Technician

canada
reply to funchords

What you trying to say is if the call center is not based in the US then the support sucks, is that it?

Where do you think these technical support is based (Dell, Microsoft, Belkin, Linksys, Speedstream, Apple, Toshiba, Lexmark, Verizon etc.) its outsourced overseas, yeah!!! If you lost the job because they pull out the account from you guys there something or a big reason for that. And maybe you all ain't worth it for a $32.95 per case or what.

And never underestimate a country, your underestimating the people itself who lived in that country. You don't have to feel pity for the customer, you have to feel pity for yourself coz D-Link just dump you. Just kidding.

If your telling the people not to buy a D-Link products because there technical support is overseas, think again. They will be giving you there middle finger too.

Just my two cents....

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 edit

No, what I'm trying to say is, "Please would you so kindly inform me whether or not that's a US call center?"

Earlier I said, if D-Link's Manila support is like Verizon's, users will need to pull together at places like this for help.

Anything beyond that is a product of your own invention.

L1Technician

canada
reply to funchords

As far as I know most (not all) call centers is outsourced overseas.

dlinklover

@info.com.ph
reply to funchords

in my opinion, I would trust more the tech support in Manila than other support groups (mexico and clovis).. D-Link US would'nt stick to Alorica if they know that the techs they have hired and trained are lame and dumb in Networking... you get what i mean?!! The only Edge of the two countries that i mentioned is their accent and the way they communicate with the customers from US. thats all! And about the Dlink Premium Services? why do you care? this whole thing is business.. if you dont want to pay, fine! dont call the support line! and if you dont like DLink Products, Fine too! you are not their lost!

Ashley

@info.com.ph

i think the guy posted here is just sad for not working with Dlink anymore... dude! that's life goes. dont blame the outsourced countries with your lay off..and i think in Manila support, the techs has all degrees in ITs, Networking basics, engineering and some Cisco certs.. no doubt about their knowledge and capabilities. those guys are great! they've been working with DLink already for like years now and counting..

Leonidas11311

@alestra.net.mx
reply to funchords

Well, I disagree, I used to work for the TEL call center in Mexico, the worst Call Center in Metrics (Handle Time, Resolved Percentage, ETC) has been PTS (the American based call center) they have a lot of complaints, calling customers stupid, giving idiotic responses, then there is ALR (Philippines) is also bad, they provide the same type of responses for different issues (like the router needs drivers to be installed so it can have security) and a lot other stupid things they do, also the TEL center has some faults, but they are minimal in comparison, that is why the TEL call center has got the most important departments for D-link

Leonidas11311

@alestra.net.mx
reply to Ashley

said by Ashley :

i think the guy posted here is just sad for not working with Dlink anymore... dude! that's life goes. dont blame the outsourced countries with your lay off..and i think in Manila support, the techs has all degrees in ITs, Networking basics, engineering and some Cisco certs.. no doubt about their knowledge and capabilities. those guys are great! they've been working with DLink already for like years now and counting..

I went and trained the ALR group upon request due to their poor metrics, and they do not have any Certs, also they have very little technical knowledge. Before my arrival they didn't even have a hands on training, I have to restructure their training department and implement several changes because they has serious issues.

lawl

@alestra.net.mx
reply to funchords

HA! take that you dumb american!

Ashley

@info.com.ph

why you guys fight about who's the best outsource??? drop this off! this is non-sense...

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
Yarmouth Port, MA

"Where" isn't very important -- except that in the USA we're right before our biggest holiday and I would have hoped that employers would show some discretion and not send families into distress immediately before it. The timing is terrible.

Americans are also concerned with quality, and consumers here are quite wary and weary of companies that choose to cut in the support-after-the-sale area. One sign of such cutting is placing the support-resources elsewhere leaving behind a staff that is already trained and capable of providing it.

Off-shoring the work does not necessarily mean a shift toward bad quality, whether it does or does not is up to the standards of the company and the provider of the support staff.
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- Hillsboro, Oregon -- KJ7RL
What you do at Christmas does not matter so much; What counts are the Christmas things you do all year through.

L1Technician

canada
reply to funchords

All I can say is, D-Link will not give a damn to gamble there reputation if the offshore tech's is not worth it just to save a cent's.

@Leonidas11311

If your working for the TEL call center i think you know how there crap tech work. Somebody here can provide a case number that came from the TEL tech which D-Link could say somebody's gonna look for another job ei...